Re: DIY HDTV Antenna
? Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:49:14 PM ?
Quote from: MountainDon on November 10, 2009, 07:31:07 AM
Way cool!! Is that through an asphalt shingle roof?

Yes, it is in the loft and receives reception through an asphalt roof.

Quote from: John Raabe on November 10, 2009, 08:08:47 AM
I've got my old 1985 Radio Shack antenna up on the roof which catches about 80% of the stations in the Seattle/Tacoma area - except on stormy days when the signal breaks up from several stations. I'm going to dig deeper into your links and see if I can improve that.

Check out tvfool for your area to get an idea of what you may potentially get, from there it's a fine tuning act to pull them in. I'll help if I can.

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 10, 2009, 06:47:23 PM
Great and very interesting, muldoon. If I watched TV I would try it. I find enough TV on the computer to suit me. Hulu has more than I can watch.

Yeah, I don't watch tv either at home. There is no internet up in the country for me aside from some light blackberry use. I like football, and enjoy watching the games. Aside from that, the show I like on PBS is called Austin city limits. A local area texas music tradition where they show some live broadcasts. This past weekend they had Band of Heathens, a local Austin band. I also saw Taylor Swift on Saturday night live. god I bet Hank would cry if he saw what country music had become these days, what are those Nashville people thinking these days?

Anyway, that ole Austin city limits sounds easy on the ears of this old Texas good ole boy.

Jackson Station
Jenny was a keeper
Cornbread