Beginner's question
I have a fundamental question as a beginner getting ready to jump in. Do you believe that individuals can profit long term? If so, what is the basis of that belief, please? I have not traded much, but have spent a number of hours reading through posts mainly on this forum, as I have found it to be the best one so far. I am willing to invest the time to become good trader; IF it can be done successfully. There is much written about trading, and there are many individuals that will take your money to show you how best to do it, but very very little on actual long term success or even method back testing at a detail that is believable or demonstrable..... I have read about the 5%/95% successful / unsuccessful... I understand money management, mental fortitude, and discipline with a trading method are extremely important. I have done a few hours on sim with just basic price action...no other indicators (btw, Big Mike's video on that was excellent...simple, easy to follow). But, long term, day after day...can it be successful (profitable); or at the end of the day it is really gambling with lots and lots of math and programming trying to decipher a random indeterminate problem?

So...would appreciate your thoughts. BTW, just purchased Al Brook's 423 page book on price action (yes, I read the reviews and know it does not read well, but content is rated as excellent).

Thanks in advance for your time,
Raceman