Hi everyone, new here. I've traded stocks for awhile and I'm interested in futures. I've been paper trading off and on for a few years (mainly just for fun...yeah I'm a nerd) and want to transition to small amounts of real money.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question... sorry if not. My questions are mainly about brokers and platforms. I have an account already with TD Ameritrade (for other investments) and it would be easy to just add futures capability to that account. However, the paper trading I've mainly used has been OEC and I like it a lot. It's intuitive to me and has everything I need at this stage. I tried thinkorswim and found it clunky and counterintuitive. I realize I probably just need to get used to it but I never felt that way about OEC. I'm wondering if I should just open a different account for OEC, or if I should use thinkorswim so I can stay entirely with Ameritrade, despite Ameritrade's high commissions. I almost opened an account with futuresonline for OEC but I couldn't find any reviews about it (or Gain) that looked trustworthy. Any feedback on this? Thank you so much.