Thread: Star Alliance Capital

Default Star Alliance Capital

Hello gurus of the OTF I have come to beseech your help. I will graduate from Fairfield University with a BS in economics this May. I have offers to enter into the analyst program at several firms, but I was drawn to advertisements by a company named Star Alliance Capital. This company recruits recent college grads as well as active traders to trade with its own capital using their Blackwood Pro software. I was able to acquire an interview simply by registering on line. If any one knows anything about this company or can advise me in any way I would greatly appreciate it.

Most of these places are basically there to get you to pay for the training, and if you actually trade for them, for the commissions. When I started doing this full time I looked into these companies, because they offer leverage of 20-1. I never did get on board because they all seemed seedy to me. Why would these companies do this? If they are black box or prop they need a computer and a couple secretaries? What do you offer them? It seems to good to be true. Maybe 1 out of a hundred guys gets through and makes money, maybe not.

Day trading involves aggressive trading, and generally you will pay commissions on each trade. The total daily commissions that you pay on your trades will add to you losses or significantly reduce your earnings. For instance, assuming that a trade costs $16 and an average of 29 transactions are conducted per day, an investor would need to generate an annual profit of $111,360 just to cover commission expenses. You should consider the following points before engage in a day-trading strategy. For purposes of this notice, a "day-trading strategy" means an overall trading strategy characterized by the regular transmission by a customer of intra-day order to effect both purchase and sale transactions in the same security or securities.

Im shopping my resume right now. I want to trade, but I don't know where to begin. I have offers from Citi- Smith Barney doing wealth management and from Goldman as an analyst in their Sao Paulo Br. office. I studied in Brazil and my fluency in Portuguese along with a good connect landed me that offer. I really want to trade though. Do you have any suggestions as to what my options might be in attaining that goal. In other words if I want to trade for a living and build capital with the possibility of greater returns with more risk where should I look for work right out of college.