Morning all (afternoon here in the UK).

I thought I'd share some of these as I've been interested in back-testing trading strategies. This can be done using charts from ProRealTime : Real Time Technical Analysis Software which have a fantastic built-in back-test engine. Using a simple scripting language you can code up your strategy and test it against historical data.

If anyone has any idea for a strategy to back-test, let me know. The sort of things that are possible are simple things like combinations of indicators, crosses on moving averages as well as money management (position sizing, stoploss and profit stop) etc... You can also achieve certain things like candlestick recognition but its a bit more difficult.

I've created a few strategies that rely on indicators only. I'm using these to test whether standard setups actually work on the S&P500. To my surprise some of them are great and others are truely awful. Below are some of the better ones.

What I will do is periodically add strategies to this thread but if anyone wants to butt-in with an idea, comment or criticism, or a strategy of their own (with or without a back-test) please feel free!