Optimisation Pro's Con's
I would like to know everyones views on optimisation!?I have been sent emails from updata recently saying how amazing there ta2 programme is as it can optimize allsorts of technical indicators from new highs to macd!Now i have to say i have heard many things over the years like the market breaths and moves in waves cycles and you need to get in touch with the market to understand what is likely to happen next. I say likely as we all know you cant be right everytime!
However optimisation by its very nature designs a set of rules around a share/index and creates the most profitable set of figures it can!
So we then move into backtesting !How can we learn to trade without the past being relevant to future moves!Traders who have made a fortune have strategies that have worked and many still do.Is optimisation the solution?Well my feeling is im not sure but what it does do is give you alot to ponder!There will be many who will immediately dismiss it and say no way!! But would i would say is have they really honestly looked at it?Im still learning and want to learn more.If i believe the idea that every market share index is different and moves on its own cycle wave!Then if theres a way to measure that maybe optimisation is it!