Thread: No data showing on market analyzer

Default No data showing on market analyzer

I have not used the software for quite a few months, and migrated from a win 7 computer to a win 10 computer (Backup and then restore).

I've always had a market analyzer with the following columns (of course got transferred during the restore):
    Net Change bar // LastPrice // NetChange // Net Change% // DailyVolume // Average Daily Vol

It was working fine, showing EOD data and when connected during market times (different time zone than me), even showing real time last prices through the day. But now I cannot see any data but the average daily volume.

I am running NT7 with Yahoo data as source, but even tried this with kinetic for some tickers with same result. Charting works OK.

Is there any help you can provide to solve this issues?

Thanks!

Hello user1986,

Thank you for writing in.

The Market Analyzer is driven by real-time data. Real-time data would be required for the Market Analyzer to populate.

Both Yahoo and the End of Day Kinetick data feed only provide historical data.

If you do not already have a live data feed, you can request a free forex or futures demo from the link below:

So something must have changed on Yahoo feed to not allow for this to work anymore?

Indicators based on stored data would work though? eg, if I create an indicator that copies the close from the previous day, or calculates the net change of the previous bars, can I use that in the market analyzer to see the last close?

Hello user1986,

The indicator will show values on the Market Analyzer as long as you have specified the data series for the indicator to be a daily series as Yahoo only provides historical daily data.