To those who believe it is an exercise in futility to contest these things I want to post another item.

Dear BRC Member and Supporter,

Many of our members have already heard the news that, working with Shasta County, Sylvia Milligan and the folks at Recreation Outdoors Coalition (ROC) recently scored a major victory for OHV users with the addition of 100 miles added to the Travel Plan on the Shasta-Trinity National Forest.

A bit of background:
You may remember how outraged the OHV community was waaaay back in April of 2010 when the Shasta-Trinity National Forest announced its final Travel Management Plan.

I know... we were equally outraged at just about every National Forest Travel Plan in California (USFS Region 5)

Among the (many) problems in California was that the Regional office issued guidance that tied the hands of individual Forest Supervisors by not allowing little if any maintenance level 3 roads to be designated for OHV use.

BRC and other OHV advocacy groups maintain to this day that the Region 5 policy was a clear violation of specific directives contained in the USFS 2005 Travel Management Rule (TMR). The Rule, citing the wide range of landscapes and circumstances across each NF, specifically reserved such discretion to Forest Supervisors.

The Regional office in Vallejo thought it knew better, I guess.