Thread: Whats your arsenal? Tools/Accounts

JohnnyKi

Default Whats your arsenal? Tools/Accounts

To many of the hardened battle vets of the markets,

As I read all the posts, news articles, terms, brokerages, services, etc.... I would like to know your opinions on services.

Currently Use:
    Brokerage:
    AG Edwards Now Wachovia
    Info/News
    Yahoo market tracker
    Stockcharts.com
    stockhouse.com

Toying With:
    Cake Financial
    AlphaTrade

What I want:
    Direct Bank Funds Transfer
    Online Trading Of Pinks
    No Min account balance
    Reasonable/Predictable Commissions
    Candle Stick Charts
    News
    Real Time Quotes
    JosfhuaFlet

Hopefully other members will post their views for you. I'm still a relative newbie, but I like Zecco. They are pretty no-frills, but are updating/adding to their site. Really like their low fees. Not sure if their is a perfect or almost perfect broker out theree anywhere. Think it really depends on what specific thing you want from a broker. I have read other members posts here and it seems many actually use more than 1 broker - one that offers less expensive fees and another that offers more frills.
    JustinKand

I hear good things about zecco, anyone that uses please fill me in. Can i make direct deposits from my checking account? If so is there a waiting period for 1st deposit? Also if the balance is below $2500 then all trades are $4.95 correct? Is there a inactivity fee, becuase my trading is very inconsistant, one month hundreds of trades, and another month very few. For pinks I would be happy with a no frill, just execute kinda brokerage. The commission are what kill my bottom line on pinks. I found a few brokerages that were nice, and offered what i wanted, but also chraged .003 on each share above 5,000. Now i know that isnt much, but sometimes i buy shares that are that low in price, so i would have to double up in order to even make a buck.
    Kathi5462

I think the best thing people can do is go directly to the site and read their info first hand. It's a bit tough to copy & paste all the answers here. Some links for you to check out

I can relate to the wife setting too much back sentiment, but then again, i disregard the criticism from her, and focus on the end goal. I know she might complain now, and doesnt see what I see. In the end when the kids are gone, with the grand kids parading the house, she will open my quarterly statement, smile, and wonder where in gods green earth did we come up with all this money? I can look her in the eye, and gently tell her that back when she told me I was nuts, and that the money could be used elsewhere that I agreed to disagree. Although it may cause some minor strife now, the pay out in the end is what its all about. I am however steadfast in my investments and no matter how many times I sleep on the coach I know I will one day have my last laugh.