Ye last year was my first full year of trading and with little more than 2500 I was able to make over 1000 trades. I also trade heavily in the paper trading account on Thinkorswim. Doing that and burying myself in information I've learned more in the last year than I thought was even possible.

At first I went through a lot of books, watched a lot of youtube vids. Watching John Kurisko got me hooked and gave me a good launch pad for learning charts, price action etc. But in the end I spent most of the last year watching or listening to Tastytrade every day and going through the archives over and over again. The strategies and understanding the numbers with probability based trading is just what appeals to me.

Option strategies will allow you to make a lot of trades while defining your risk as it suits you. With a small account it is hard to keep your head above water as defined risk trades have a lower probability than the undefined risk trades but you will learn a lot. And it does work just like it should if you pay attention to liquidity, volatility, etc. and stay mechanical.