Update June 2015: Hi folks, this strategy is still getting the odd comment and viewing, glad to see it's still of value to you! I'm still actively trading with (most) of the principles below. I only take 3-4 trades per week, and use the higher timeframes (daily chart) to establish my overall trading bias/direction. Also in lieu of the 5m timeframe opening range, I use the "Asian" range from 0 GMT to 5 GMT as a high and low to either take reversal entries from the extremities or as breakout pullbacks.
Cheers & good luck, JN.

Welcome to my thread on my 5 minute timeframe price action strategy. This is a discretionary strategy that trades with the trend on a 5 minute timeframe. This strategy has evolved from Price Action techniques I’ve learnt via Lance Beggs at yourtradingcoach.com & PeteFader’s MadScalper strategy here on babypips.

This strategy trades with the trend on a 5m TF, taking pullbacks that utilise the 14ema and volume. While also being aware of Support & Resistance, Stopping Volume, upcoming news announcements & session opens.

I currently day-trade this strategy full-time at the Asian Open for a few hours, then the Frankfurt Open for a few hours. I focus on trading AUDUSD, USDJPY and EURUSD. I liken trading to a mix between fishing and playing poker, I’ll use these analogies throughout as they work quite well.

I'll discuss each component of the strategy, and then post trades each day showing it all working together. Things will be easier to understand if you read through the basics so we're all speaking the same language.

The first six posts in this thread are prerequisite, as there are a few price action basics to introduce. There are also links around the web that reinforce the concepts. Like all forums on babypips, please feel free to participate but try & avoid any question that you could google for yourself.

I’ve bookmarked the next few posts, and I’ll fill them up over this week to include:

Trading with the trend,
Trend Definition,
Trend Simplification,

Support & resistance levels,
previous day’s high and low,
opening range,
support & resistance,
100 levels,

Risk/reward,
stop loss levels,
position sizing,
trade management,