Thread: Multiple Timeframe Analysis

Default Multiple Timeframe Analysis

I personally trade 60min, 30min, 15min, 10min, 5min and 3min.

I teach my traders to trade only 2 timeframes in the beginning though (of course, after having mastered 1 timeframe analysis technique - either 3min or 5min - depends on their background and personality).

Most traders don't understand why price action dwindles after hitting support on the 5min......they faily to realize that the 15min is showing resistance - thus the 5min support is very short lived. This may be invalidated if the 30min timeframe is indicating the possibility of a possible support level however.

It's not as easy as it sounds - as with everything trading-related of course.....

Where are your moving averages on each timeframe in relation to the stochastic....in relation to the MACD.....in relation to the ROC......?

Multiple tiemframe analysis is the only way to determine whether all the traders are in "sync"

Playing Pool:

1min = pure momentum daytraders
    3min = breakout/momentum/support-resistance traders
    5min = pretty much on par with 3min traders plus their profits are usually a tad larger due to the extra 2 minutes of built-in momentum/reliability in the timeframe [usually the favorite timeframe of successful daytraders and regular traders alike]
    10min = same as 5min plus short-term intraday hedge funds
    15min = same as 5min plus slightly higher-profit-oriented hedge funds and mutual funds/institutions
    30/60min = same as 15min plus swing traders

Bottom line: the longer your timeframe, the more reliable signals are - due to the built-in momentum ----- it is very easy to break 1min support/resistance levels violently BUT is it not as easy to break 5/15min support/resistance levels

My training method core concept: using the example of a dual timeframe analysis method - confirm that your 5min is in a clear trend then wait for your 1min corresponding support/resistance to initiate a position ---- the shorter your main small timeframe, the faster you have to take profits --- the bigger timeframe analysis allows for more of "letting your profits run" but the flipside is that you have to be willing to add to your position and take on slightly higher levels of risk due to the "lag effect" and "shae-out effect"

I will be posting some videos on this method within the next few weeks. You can check it out on my trading blog: www.listentoyourchart.com

Good Trading!

Default Friday's Action

Okay so now we've gapped-down and experienced violent short squeezes 3 days in a row this week - on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.....

......feels like the markets are now itching to start increasing its P/E ratio!!

Those who are more experienced traders know exactly what this might be setting up for!

The SSO 5-minute charts look healthy...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3az7RB9Rrm...napshot-42.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3az7RB9Rrm...napshot-45.png

It looks pretty obvious what the markets are attempting to do on the 15-minute charts...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3az7RB9Rrm...napshot-43.png

Good Trading!
    www.listentoyourchart.com