Thread: What's the best kind of trading for a beginner?

AndreaStuk

Default What's the best kind of trading for a beginner?

I'm gonna say "options" The reason being is that you can define your risk, stay small, create lots of occurrences and learn more as you can trade more. Just don't be a "premium buyer".....give yourself a chance. google Tastytrade
    AlexVoronEl

I would pick forex trading over binary trading, in my opinion binary trading is just like a coin flip. With forex you have to go deeper and develop your own working strategy. Start with a demo account from a regulated broker and you are good to go. I would really avoid starting with a real money account at the beginning. And also trade with too many assets at the same time, EUR/USD is a good start. Hope that helps a little.
    AllaGoaro

I would say stocks but use an oscillator strategy. Most stocks move up and down within bands - depending on good or bad news stories that might impact on performance. Look at low and highs positions and buy in lows and sell in highs.

I use a free utility web app that emails me when the prices go above or below my targets. You can also track currencies Fx on it. No credit card or bank details needed.

alerts.3utilities.com. is the site.

I try to make 10-20% on each trade within 12 month period. It's a laid back approach to trading get the notifications and don't have to keep checking on prices.

I also use guru focus and see what stocks billionaires are buying like warren Buffett george Soros.

Good luck with whatever strategy you take!
    AmateurSexevera

I'm not going to endorse forex trading for numerous reasons. However...options allow you to define your risk at order entry and to stay smaller and are therefore much less risky than naked stock trading. Options are the only strategic alternative and allows you to reduce cost basis which increase probability of success. Value investing does not allow any of this and is still a 50/50 shot with 1 for 1 risk. See tastytrade.com...lots of archived info and data on all of this.
    AleXraR

i think forex is a good way to go but i would do micro lots.. the reason i would say forex is because it's open 24 hours a day, almost 6 days a week. also it gives you the opportunity to learn how to put in trades, get a feel for real life movements, psychology, etc and you can start with a small account. another perk is you can open a virtual forex account without having to put capital down which can help you learn as well.

i prefer to trade options but you're going to shell out a pretty penny per contract unless you're going out the money then the commission vs the cost of the contract may be a turn off

Forex is very attractive because of its leverage and is dangerous for the same reason. If you are just starting, whatever market you choose, start with demo account or trading simulator. Micro account will do fine as well.