Thread: How to get a credit card with co-signer

How to get a credit card with co-signer

Hi, I don't qualify for a credit card on my own due to poor credit. My sister has offered to co-sign one for me. The challenge is we live too far away from each other.
    Does anyone have an idea how to apply for a credit card with a co-signer that is thousands of miles away?

she gets one for you and herself, best one which you can check online and see the specific transactions, don't let her down, she is really offering something special, not every family member does it because there are a few jerks out there who take advantage.

So she is the main one to apply and I'm the secondary? So she applies and then adds me?

Don't worry, I won't let her down

Never have someone co-sign for you if you care about them. This is a very bad idea for the two of you, mostly her, because if you don't pay she is responsible. Not a good way to stay close. For you to build credit, if this matters to you (Although you can buy everything with cash) try credit unions.

I don't know if the process still works the same as when I was trying to build credit but I started with department store credit cards. I would get a $500 from JC Penny. I would charge $500 and pay off the balance. Then I would get a Target card, repeat this process but be sure to pay off all the balances.

Then after about 5 of these department and gas cards, I went for a Visa/MasterCard credit card.

It was a step by step process.