Thread: when its time to sell my stokcs?

DeloresLev

Default when its time to sell my stokcs?

So I have been learning and self educating regarding Day Trading. My question is if I buy say 2000 shares in a company but they have available shares to be bought that no one has purchased yet will mine sell? I am looking at a company RAYS on OTCBB and it says it has 29.000,000 that are available (if I am reading that correctly) it is a volatile stock and if I bought It would I be able to sell my shares given the fact that there are millions more that can be bought without buying my shares?

I think the key is "At What Price?"

there may be millions of shares available, but they are not all available at a price that you would be willing to sell yours for. Your shares will only sell if someone is willing to pay your bid price
    DesmondAll

P.S. Gotta stick in the obligatory warning... daytrading penny stocks is a recipe for losing money... It's a rigged game, and you don't have the information that they do.

Does the rigged part of it happen when you want to sell your stocks and no one buys them? My father day trades and seems to do well but I know that you have to know when to buy and when to sell. I am just wandering what is all of the catches to selling
    dimajap

DAY TRADERS don't generally trade penny stocks. They trade high-volume stocks trading on major exchanges that they know they can buy & sell quickly and with little slippage.

It's a rigged game, and you don't have the information that they do.