Thread: Sharepad / Sharescope

Sharepad / Sharescope

Does anyone use either of these ? If so do they find it worthwhile ? There is a special offer running at the moment, 25 for 3 months

Almost succumbed to the offer myself this weekend as I was interested in identifying 200 moving day averages of funds...but found a way of getting what I wanted via google sheets & the googlefinance function.

but accept there is much more functionality Sharepad could offer.

Thanks for this. 200day movng averages was one of the things I wanted it for.

It's not perfect (a bit of a bind to identify the Funds "tag" within Googlefinance & a couple of my funds are returning zero values at the moment)... but for all my funds, ITs, direct shares I've sheet cells coloured green if latest price > 200MA & red if latest price < 200MA

For Fundsmith class T (yeah I brought the wrong version in TD direct & not swapped to I class)...into your google sheets cell cut & paste the following...
    200 MA (need to select more than 200 days to account for weekends etc):
    =average(query(sort(GoogleFinance("FUND_EQUI_T_1UJ O18H","Price",TODAY()-300, TODAY()),1,0),"Select Col2 limit 200"))

Latest price:
    =GoogleFinance("FUND_EQUI_T_1UJO18H","Price")

To get 12,25 or whatever moving averages change the "limit 200" to what you need.

Some shares/IT's need their EPIC prefixed with "LON:" e.g. "PLI" works as is but for FCS you need "LON:FCS"

The easiest way to identify the "tag" - FUND_EQUI_T_1UJO18H...type the fund name in the search field on https://www.google.co.uk/finance...as soon as you start typing "Fundsmith" the available classes turn up to select from...although for very long fund names with many classes cutting & pasting entire long name tends to be required.