Thread: Come on, is any happy in retirement? What's good in your life today?

Come on, is any happy in retirement? What's good in your life today?

So I stumbled across C-D while researching beach towns to retire to and while I find it really informative, I also find it a little.... depressing.

It seems like forum wide we are some unhappy campers, whether stressing over whether or not we'll end up in a nursing home (is that all we worry about approaching retirement) to the price of deli meat.

lol, the irony that I'm whining about whining is not lost on this gal.

What's GOOD in your life today?? In the interest of full disclosure, I am one of those annoying people in your office that is happy before everyone has their morning coffee. take it slow, lol start with a little thing.

I'll start it off..

The weather in PHiladelphia where I live has been BEAUTIFUL for the last couple of day. still summer like but not oppressive. I walked to the gym

Cooler weather is on its way, skies are blue, wife recovered from two cataract surgeries, and can now see. 62 work days left before retirement and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Plus the word is, the fish are still waiting for me.

Lot's of good surrounds us if we just take the time to look for it!

Everyone's life has good and bad/sad aspects. It's 4AM and I can't sleep. Been up for an hour So I focus on God's blessings and with thankfulness I find myself getting sleepy. Lesson learned.

We are in the midst of renovating a hacienda in Central Mexico. Mostly done with the main house, we are moving onto the casita. The pool looks great, but we are getting input on the best way to landscape around it.

We walk to a myriad of international eateries every night for dinner.

We are busy, active and engaged in our local community. We helped sort through donations for the earthquake victims in other parts of Mexico.

Life is, make that: life is great!

Your observation has not been lost on me, and one of the reasons I frequent here less. Inevitably when the discussion is about anything financial or practical that is positive or required planning and effort to raise ones standards the first response is “not everyone can do that, and here is my sad song” or you are accused of the humble brag. I’m not a touchy feely person, so much of the content here is of no interest to me. However there area lot of intelligent and interesting people here and much can be gleaned that is quite valuable. I only have 30 months at most to go before retirement and though I don’t hate my job, I am still looking forward to the new freeer (?) lifestyle that I have been saving for.