Thread: Funds for SIPP

Funds for SIPP

I'm 38 and have stupidly not paid that much attention to where my pension had been invested over the last 16 years or so. I currently have around 110k with ReAssure in a FTSE all company tracker. I have paid off the mortgage and have no dependants and I am about to up my pension contributions to 2,000 per month.

I have decided to move the ReAssure pension to a SIPP and I was planning on investing in Vanguard Lifestrategy 80 as a bit of a set and forget option. However during the course of my research I came across the other similar funds:

Vanguard Lifestrategy 80
    HSBC Global Strategy Dynamic
    Blackrock Consensus 85
    L&G multi-index 6

I was considering spreading the 110k over the first 3 funds to keep within the 50k FSCS limit just incase...

I figure that with 20 to 30 years before retirement I should be good to go with the amount of equities that I have chosen and that my new choice is less risky than the FTSE all share that I am invested in at the moment. Is this misguided or about right?

You can't say that because it depends on personal circumstances.

If it was me I'd simply leave it alone... but he isn't me. Or get it to pay out at Christmas for a big piss up every year. Or at the start of the 6 nations to pay for hotel and tickets.

I think the balance is with drawdown as opposed to annuity at the mo.