Thread: Transferring child benefit contributions

Transferring child benefit contributions

My husband is reaching retirement age (tomorrow!) and won't be getting the full state pension. We would like to transfer some of the contributions I got from receiving child benefit as I was working at the time so it won't affect my pension. I spoke to someone at DWP and they said I can't transfer them until I reach retirement age (which is 12 years from next Tuesday). That doesn't seem right to me and I have had mis-information on his pension when speaking to other people within the DWP.

Does anyone know if we can transfer the child benefit credits? The forms I have seen online seem to say we CAN transfer them.

In case you need this info: we are married and have always been married since receiving CHB. Our children are 25 and 26 years old respectively,. The period I would like to transfer to him I was working and he was at home.

You would have received Home Responsibility Credits rather than National Insurance Credits.

Jut complete the appropriate claim form , send it off and see what happens.

If you are not eligible then you will receive written confirmation.

Thanks for your reply sheramber. Yes, they were Home Responsibility credits but they are showing on my pension statement as NIC. I filled in an online form to get my CHB number so I can complete the transfer form.

I thought that this was only post 2010 ?

What did you think was only post 2010?