Thread: AMZN Earnings trade

ChesterOrt

Default AMZN Earnings trade

Going to go with the Strangle of +/- $5 for the trade. I don't have serious confidence in the direction, except that it will most likely move like AAPL or NFLX in rise or fall. I plan to sell plan the pre-market. I expect it will reverse course a bit for a little while at least, but not enough to gain on other side of the strangle (in other words, if it goes high, I expect it will recede a little bit, but not enough to make the PUT of much value, or visa-versa. Similar to AAPL/NFLX).

Unless someone out there knows of a better take on the earnings. All I read and hear is how the dollars can be skewed to ham up or dumb down the report, that can slam a trade. In fact, all I heard last quarter about AMZN was "two thumbs up", for the lions share of everyone. But not. It dumped big. And these are the pros? My gut says, if not a strangle, or straddle, stay out of the way. IMHO

BIDU/AMZN Earnings trade

My edit of the first message took to long. Here's my vision of the new Title's trades, for me anyway:

Going to go with the Strangle of +/- $5 for the trade on each. I don't have serious confidence in the direction of any earnings report, which seems to have little to do with the stock movement, except that it will most likely move like AAPL or NFLX in rise or fall distance. I plan to sell plan the pre-market. I expect it will reverse course a bit for a little while at least, but not enough to gain on other side of the strangle (in other words, if it goes high, I expect it will recede a little bit, but not enough to make the PUT of much value, or visa-versa. Similar to AAPL/NFLX).

The CNBC optons pro Michael Khouw (and I've made money on his trade strategies) plans to do a Put spread on AMZN, yet he admits he's lost twice on the trade. Nice to have deep pockets.) Yet there is a 6-1 Calls to Puts on BIDU and 8-1 Call to Puts on AMZN. There's a lot of confident traders out there. (schedule for these 2 reporting BIDU-Monday after hours; AMZN Tuesday after hours.

I'm thinking with the new news re:Greece this weekend, chances are more on the upside, especially for solid stocks like AMZN, but I like your idea and am gonna just put more weight on positive move if this news is solid