Thread: LNKD one of my favorites

Default LNKD one of my favorites

As some of you know I work stock quite a bit different that the average investor. It was suggested that I post some info here and would be interested if anyone else works the market like I do. Have made a lot of money with about 6 stocks. I look for the bounce, get a piece of the action and get out. I only look for support and resistance lines. Here is what I did today. If you have a better idea would like to hear about it. Lnkd made me 764.40 in 23 minutes today. Went in with a thousand shares both times, in at 199.50 out 200.00 for a profit of 482.50 and then in at 199.20 out at 199.50 with a profit of 281.90

I like to work KO PNRA SO DUK URBN CLX NKE POT and with these I like to see what is bouncing the best. I start out looking at the 10 week candle chart and then go from there. LNKD is at the 10 week low so it will be interesting as to what it does.

My account was not made overnight. Yours will not either. You have to stick to a plan and put in many years. Be patient. Most investors are not patient. Work the good stocks, the ones that actually make money. No penny stocks, IPO's for me. Just good solid companies that actually sell millions of shares a day. You can make some good money with the market. Stick to it.
    DyanBess89

Thanks. So ideally what are looking for tomorrow on the LNKD entry, if any? Will you just put an order in at say 191 or 190 and if you get filled sell the first pop? Or will you wait to see if it falls to the support level from Spring of 2013 around 180's? Clearly a long-term support area failed today, so bounce plays on this are tricky. I commend you for having the guts to do so.

Well generally the correlation between the amount ofmoney someone invests is inversely proportional to the risk of the investment.
    To highlight, you put $400,000 into a $200 stock lookingfor a 30-50 cent bounce. Yes, it was agood day ($700 profit), but only because of the size of the account.
    Someone starting off with $500/1,000/10,000 isn’t goingto be interested in that particular play at all, because a return of 60cents/$1.20/$12 is worse than pointless; they’re probably not even covering thebroker commission.

So a strategy like yours of riding small nearly-guaranteedfluctuations is great for asset preservation while still making a return betterthan most folks’ salaries, but most traders who are looking for a techniquebecause they haven’t figured one out yet don’t have the better part of amillion bucks, and want that short term, instant gratification of volatilestocks.

Will have to see. Usually make no trades before 10 and don't usually make any after 3. Will let it ride until that time, see what it looks like it is going to do and go from there.

Broker commission both buy and sell two times was 35.42 so cleared the 764.40 and yes the way I trade is like 1 out of a thousand traders or more. You can either trade on volume looking for a small gain or a small trade looking a larger dollar bounce. I think my way is much easier.