Thread: Midnight Watch

credaldBom

Default Midnight Watch

Noticed all the indices gapping right after midnight, dollar gapped against euro, euro fx gapped so I check the news feed. Putin announces troop withdrawal. So I guess the market will crash up tomorrow if that's the case. Grrr...really needed that pullback.

update....Putin ends exercises near Ukrainian border...Russian stocks rise.
    CletaDamro

So everything moved about 1 point. (indices, gold, bonds etc) Now it's all retracing maybe as people realize the story is just about an end to some exercises...haha. most have retraced about 1/2 their move already. either way it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

AUD/JPY gapped on econ news....that'll create some margin that will get dumped into the S/P. But /GC is up strong while /ES up bit by bit but just sold off some. 10 and 30 yr bonds are down some....still looking mixed across the board.
    S/P minis are selling off hard right now...no obvious news I can see...maybe just adjustment.
    So many mixed movements, maybe a sign of weakness overall.
    AUD/JPY fell at the same time that S/P futures did. And the /NQ as well....looks like it might all be on China news of retail and industrial miss.

They all seem to be retracing now...we'll see.
    Clintoonpodia

Strong down move yesterday all around. Got a nice spike in Volatility during the day and SPY broke down double expected move. The big players (GOOG, AAPL, FB,etc) got whacked pretty good....a bunch of red flags. I like the movement but really need to wait a minute and let volatility top out and look for good spots to jump in.

10&30 yr treasuries keeping upward move through the night so far. /NQ and /ES looking weak. Asian markets took a good hit and AUD/JPY making lower lows. At least it doesn't look like a rally in the works. I like it.