Thread: Looking for a Mentor

AgantriusExcib

Default Looking for a Mentor

I am a college student currently in grad school, but want to spend all of my extra time on learning how to trade with the ultimate goal of trading for a living or at least part-time.

I have been playing around in the markets for about 2 years now and have read multiple trading and investing books during this time. However, as it has been stated many times on this forum, reading books and then applying your knowledge to the markets doesn't always ensure you will be successful.

So I was thinking I need an experienced trader to teach me the ropes, but I honestly don't have thousands of dollars to spend on live trading sessions and even if I did I probably would not invest in them.

So I came down to two options:

1. Try to find someone locally to shadow or
    2. Search online for someone willing to teach me a few days a week

Probably a long shot....thought I would ask anyway

I've been mentoring and giving private lessons for five years, and have never had any complaints from any of my students...My strategy is very simple, and easy to learn...Very few of my students have needed to use up all three hours of Question & Answer time I offer with my lessons, and have become successful traders by using my strategy...Follow this forum post to learn more about the lessons I offer...

http://www.onlinetradersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=218345

And also to be sure to check out my website...There's a link to it in my signature at the bottom of this post...Do a Google Search for "stock market lessons" or "day trading lessons", and you should see my site on the first or second page...

There is a lot of free information on the Day Trading and the Video Charts pages...Be sure to watch the three videos at the top of that page to see what Day Trading is all about...And the videos below that are all about Swing Trading...

My father had a massive stroke earlier this year, so I had to reduce the number of students I could take on...But he is recovering nicely now, and I have the time to take on new students again...I also had to give up doing the end of the week chart analysis of the Dow's daily, weekly, and monthly charts found on the Video Charts page of my site...When I start that up again in 2010, I will be analyzing the S&P 500's charts instead of the Dow's because the S&P 500 is a much broader index than the Dow...

If you'd like to learn Swing Trading, I also give lessons on that subject too...When I Swing Trade, I use the same setup on my charts but with longer time frames...Swing Trading does require a lot more research than Day Trading does, but my strategy for both styles of trading has more to do with correctly reading charts with just a few technical indicators on them...But you must keep up with the latest news on any company you trade, no matter what style of trading you do...
    Akaschasr

Instead of paying your mentor, i would say practice demos, invest very small capital and learn live trading strategies. Develop your own skills and intellectual and make huge returns.

You have read and see if you like their analysis and techniques.

I used to follow one trader websites in year 2005. He was good mentor. I forgot his web-address. it's used to start with "w". I did google searches for possible names but not able to find it. If I will be able to comes across his website then I will post.