Thread: Trading via Heiken Ashi candles

caroleti3

Default Trading via Heiken Ashi candles

Price action trading with Heiken Ashi ?

Some of you may be interested in how price is represented by Heiken Ashi candles, and their use in one approach to trading price action.

It seems very easy and I use it as a check on trend .

But I suspect its rules because all the world and his dog must be using it, if it is so good.

I'm trying to find the catch.

his was completely new to me, and quite interesting on that account.

But like Splitlink, I'd be looking for a catch.

Massively long thread. Are they mostly profitable? (Didn't read much of it).

I quite like the actual candles. But I didn't quite follow the rest of it, TBH.
    cathleenua16

I wish I was more trusting but my opinion is that if this approach is so good then why isn't everyone using this approach to obtain untold riches. Discipline (No- not whips )is key-money management and psychological steadfastness likewise. The "edge"- well, that's something you weld together from study and practice. Good grief -for a moment I thought I had a pitch at Hyde Park Corner.
    Good night folks __________________

I've found H-K useful for assessing trend in swing to medium term trades - it smooths candles in the same way as price in moving averages. Don't think it would be so useful for very short timeframes where actual price is more relevant.