Thread: Automate Trading for Retail Traders in NSE

Default Automate Trading for Retail Traders in NSE

Hello,
    I has few questions related to Automated Trading in NSE
    1) Is Retail Trader allowed for Automated Trading (I think answer is no)

2) Should we need to disclose our Trading Strategy to NSE

Now the question that is confusing lots of people.
    If automated trading is not allowed at Retail level than how come Interactive Broker is able to help indian clients to Automate our trades.

Currently the broker has to procure the API from NSE and once his in house application is ready he needs to get approval from NSE. So in the case of interactive broker why it is not recquried. Is there is any legal loop that we are missing out which interactive broker is using.

Please provide your inputs

Have a look at Omnesys Nest Pulse...it is semi automatic...as in it asks your confirmation before placing the trade
    BrentonRib

retail traders are allowed for automated trading the only pre requsite is that you have to be at the brokers office and you cannot be on the internet as a medium of connectivity for automated trading

yes, you need to disclose the basic strategy to NSE before trading but not the parameters for eg. incase your strategy is based on moving averages you need to disclose the rules of entry and exit but not which moving average you are using.

no you are not missing any legal loop but there is a grey area...... which is being used by all brokers. Though NSE wants you to tell them your strategy but they are more concerned on the risk parameters being set in such softwares. In short they want to be sure that no algo plays a havoc. So all brokers providing such interfaces have taken in principle approval of the process with a few sample strategies are running the show till the time NSE comes up with some new rule

I have a trading strategy(non indicator base)which i would like to have automated,and have contacted omnesys tech for the same and they have agreed to develop the same if certain terms and conditions are met,however after talking to a techi friend about the same he advised me to take caution while doing the same cos they could sell my strategy to anyone and i wouldn't even know,know i feel i should just get it partially automated and the rest to be manually entered,would partial automation be the only solution...please advice..

I have a trading strategy(non indicator base)which i would like to have automated,and have contacted omnesys tech for the same and they have agreed to develop the same if certain terms and conditions are met,however after talking to a techi friend about the same he advised me to take caution while doing the same cos they could sell my strategy to anyone and i wouldn't even know,know i feel i should just get it partially automated and the rest to be manually entered,would partial automation be the only solution...please advice..