Thread: Indicator "overlay"

Alomeorie

Default Indicator "overlay"

I'm not sure if this is the correct terminology in NT, but do you have the concept of an indicator overlay in NT? For example where I can display an indicator from a 5 minute time frame on a 15 minute chart (Study/Price overlay in Sierra Chart terms).

Thanks
    AmbroseChu

Yes, this is possible in NinjaTrader when adding both data series in one chart (5 Minute and 15 Minute).

When you configure the indicator in the Indicator menu, you need to set 'Input series' to the 5 Minute data series. However you will set 'Panel' to the same panel that plots the 15 Minute data series. This will calculate the indicator on 5 Minute bars, but it will be plotted on the 15 Minute bars.

Thanks Jason. That's working, but I find there are large gaps in the charts between about the close and 7pm (EST). See screenshot: https://snap.ashampoo.com/VzMfeH7m

I have set the Date series session templates the same. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Unfortunately this is as expected when using multiple data series in 1 chart. When you create a chart with multiple data series, the 'Equidistant bar spacing' setting will be set to False and cannot be changed. This means the price bars are not plotted in equal distance from each other and it will plot as in your screenshot. You can find the 'Equidistant bar spacing' setting in the chart properties menu.

What 'Session template' do you currently have selected for both data series? Am I correct this session template includes the weekend? If so, please select a session template that excludes the weekend so there is no gap.