Thread: Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)

Default Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)

I love CMG but it was so stinking expensive!

I like in the pacific northwest so it's basically ground zero of the ecoli thing, but I still love them.

I believe that CMG Still has a strong balance sheet and this health setback has provided me with an opportunity to finally pick up the stock at a decent price. I might have to (sorry for the pun) stomach some volatility though.

I believe chipotles process is its own moat. I've been to other fast casual places like panera but the turnover process is a mess. Chipotle is literally a machine that turns customers over with a crazy amount of velocity.

I took a small position and I may start DCA-ing as I start seeing the lines improve. I'm a regular at the Portland store so if it starts picking up here, that's a really good sign. Also the tastiest kind of stock research by far.

I think you're right. It reminds me of the amex salad oil scandal.

Will be tarnish the brand forever? Probably not.
    Will they be able to survive? Probably.

I'm just not into the restaurant industry because of the lack of loyalty and longevity unless it's something super specialty.

(p.s. let me know if you want to meet up one for coffee or something too)

Yeah definitely. Email me when you are ever in PDX and we can hit up a store

Still trading at 25x earnings and 7x book. Definitely not a value stock, hard to valuate a growth stock.

Correct definitely a growth stock. But I like its balance sheet. It's a high quality stick with near zero debt and has lots of pricing power. I also believe that it is in a much better position than it was when it was last at this PE ratio.