Thread: Big Brother and Schools and Chipping Kids......

Default Big Brother and Schools and Chipping Kids......

Andrea Hernandez refuses the chip and will likely get kicked out.

More power to you Andrea. A Mexican American student who is more American than Big Brother.

I'm not at all sure what the solutions to various school problems are* but I strongly feel that RFID's are just an intrusion into our personal lives. This is yet another example of bringing the bulk of the population down to the lowest common denominator. Have slow learners in the class? Drag the bright kids down to their level. Have kids who are truant; put a lease on the whole school. BS!! The bad influences are kept in the mainstream school population as much as they can and are allowed to bend the curve down because to remove them might make the low achievers feel bad about themselves. Can't have that, it's not PC. BS!!

Where does the surveillance end? Who decides? Next thing you will have the reading / tracking hardware located in the community centers, government offices, public library, etc. This is definitely not an idea whose time has come. If anyone thinks this is a great idea think about whether or nor you would like to be chipped or carded or whatever name you'd like to use. Even if you are totally honest what does the surveillance do to your personal freedom and liberty? All in the name of safety for the common good, I suppose.

Further thought.... if I as a parent want to track my kid(s), then I can do that. But the state has no business implementing any tracking unless I give written consent.

Don and others: exactly right; this idea is an intrusive, invasive, blockheaded initiative and I applaud anyone who resists it. Tracking folks is never an idea that I will agree to and this is akin to all the ridiculous measures taken by TSA in the airports for our "safety." We are nearly to the point where we as as society will give up any God given rights just to fly in an airplane. We almost don't think about children being patted down, women being x-rayed in a full body machine that shows nearly everything, fingernail clippers being confiscated, etc.... This girl and others have it just right.

I agree, Don. My granddaughter became ill near death from vaccinations. A friends son became autistic right after a vaccination. Not a coincidence I think.

For those who want to track their kids or insure their safety... there are cellphone apps that will show you where they are 100% of the day.... just like the one Big Brother uses on all cell phone users like me, though it is for civilians....