Thread: Helping out testing at a mine.

Default Helping out testing at a mine.

A friend of ours is down here in Az with a group of pardners looking to reopen up a mine that has been shut down for several years. He knew we were in the area and might be interested so he called and wondered what we were doing and if we wanted to take a look see. He added I might be of some help if I were not to busy being retired and avoiding the cold back home. It was last worked in the like 2003.

Sort of a geologists dream / worse nightmare figuring what all happened here. Pretty plan that there was a lot more water here at one time than now. Sort of global warming after one of the ice ages. Then strata of dry then huge washes of river rock. The gold under the microscopes show some water washed and rounded others just below crystalline, some looks like it was ripped and tore apart. It has been a lot of fun and very educational seeing this type of strata.

That's way cool, Rick... you gonna work it?

WHOA!!! Glenn!! Watch that four letter W word. No - I am just an interested armchair geologist with no degree. Willing to look and learn. Plus I can seem to be able to add two and two and most the time cipher out four when looking at this stuff. It is still way too early in the survey and testing to crunch the numbers. They brought a core drilling rig over from Ca. last week. I dare say they have neighboring mines and friends of the company dropping in and wanting holes drilled as well. Way, way longer that these guys are wanting to be down here.

One of those friends of their company an old gentleman. (And I mean that.) He asked us out to some claims about 100 miles from here. He is wanting some claims core sampled. It is a hard rock mining area with formations way more like we are use to. The area had some very high producing hard rock mines. I think this old gentleman's homework will pay off in spades for him. From claims shot in via a real surveyor and surveys recorded, A very nice geologist's write up on the area. This coupled with some mapping. Very warm and fuzzy. I sure hope he does well.
    Alteliess

"W" word... sorry 'bout that Rick....

Some of the new detectors will locate gold under the wall surface if it is not too far out....

Some have had luck with that. A fortune could be a half inch under the surface... who knows?