Thread: VXST trading and options?

Default VXST trading and options?

I cannot find an options chain for VXST. Apparently they are suppose to be available. Does anyone know if options trading is available for VXST or how to otherwise trade it?

That's the CBOE short term vol index....and has no options nor is it even tradeable. There are other vol products. What are you wanting to do?

Then why do I read repeatedly that the CBOE has introduced options for VXST:
    http://www.optionstrategist.com/blog...-begin-trading

I thought there might be a straight forward way to trade VXST via options or something. I mean why have this new index if there is no easy way to use it?

That article is a year and a half old. Maybe they traded for a bit but got rid of it for lack of interest...I dunno...not really worth looking into because there are other products to trade if you need a volatility play. It would save us both a lot of time if you would just give us an idea of what you are wanting to do and we might be able to direct you toward a product that would serve the purpose.

I guess I'm trying to buy VXSt when its low as you would expect. But I can't so I thought I would do options instead. I guess I can do options against the VIX, same thing more or less.