Thread: What sentence should Skilling and Lay receive?

Default Is it in the water?

Do you feel more and more the damn world is going more insane?! Get this: China has just completed the world's biggest dam, built over China's San Andreas Fault: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12880810/

I guess it is in the water...

(But at least oil speculators will have a reason Monday to drive up oil prices)

Default This Story Makes Me So Angry

Metropolis, New York (AP) – Superman late Thursday went on one of his rare rampages, attacking the Metropolis stock exchange.

Sources indicate Superman had grown tired of the exchange allowing financier Mr. Lex Luthor corner the Kryptonite market for the Russian Mafia or other unsavory elements of Brazil, Russia, India, and China (B.R.I.C.).

The SEC is investigating CNBC’s madman tipster Mr. Jim Cramer for pumping B.R.I.C. on his nightly television show “Mad Money.”

The rumor mills on Wall Street are hinting Mr. Cramer had Kryptonite options that allowed him to cash in on Friday’s run up in the stock prices of the Kryptonite industries of the rare green element that is so fatal to Superman. It is known SEC investigators are in both Switzerland and the Cayman Islands, putting pressure on bankers about any secret accounts belonging to Mr. Cramer.

Critics of Superman have long complained the man from Krypton has become lax about stopping the finding and processing of Kryptonite.

Oil speculators are spending this weekend figuring out ways to use the Kryptonite situation as a way to make a major run up in oil prices Monday. “This could be better than another tribal warfare incident in Nigeria, or a tropical depression off the coast of Africa,” said a giggly Mr. Gordon Gekko, well known Wall Street maven.

Default Investor vs Trader

When I joined here, I did it looking for investments of 1 - 2 yrs. I see a lot of folks bumming out over 2 bad market days. Doesn't that just mean it's time to watch for bottom so you double down? How many here saw things were a bit high and managed to take a half a position off before the drop--when there was speculation of 5% interest rates? How many here are day/week trader's? How many here are investors with 1 - 2 yr outlooks?
    I'm curious because I'm learning the game myself and the only I have that went up was GLD.

Default My Wheels

2006 Nissan Armada LE
    I love my new gas hog !!
    Bought with profits from ANAD

Default Neat Juggling Video

I saw this video posted on another forum. The guy was really good at juggling. Turn on your sound to see how he juggles the balls to the sound of the music.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=chris+bliss

Since I can't juggle at all, I thought it was really amazing. Then I saw this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=chris+bliss

Now that guy can really juggle.

Default 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited for sale - low miles, factory warranty...

Admin note - if you don't want this one the site, feel free to delete it and I'll understand.

It's located near Denver, CO... but, for the right price, I'm willing to deliver it or meet you half way or whatever.

Black exterior with light grey leather seats and interior, 2 powered seats, powered sun roof, 2 wheel drive, 6 cyl. 3.7 liter (gas), 16,000 miles, AC, power steering, power windows, power locks, tilt wheel, cruise control, AM/FM and 6 CD changer, radio controls on steering wheel, factory tinted windows, dual front airbags, roof rack, plenty of tread left on the tires, it's in perfect shape and nothing wrong with it. I've had the tires rotated last week, and regular oil changes at 3,000 miles. Asking $19,000 or best offer. The attached picture is not the exact Jeep, but it's the same thing. It's got the chrome package that has the front chrome grill, side chrome pieces, and chrome roof rack. It's got a decent amount of "get up and go" and it gets good gas mileage. It's still under factory warranty - which can be transferred over to the next owner.

Email me if you are interested or knows someone that is.
    iam @ Cory Cochran dot com
    or, feel free to send me a private message on here.

Thanks,
    Cory

Default School Blocks Site

This sucks. My school just blocked the streaming quotes section of Scottrade.com. How am I supposed to keep up with out it? I am an A-B student and get all of my homework so why can't i trade while at school?

Default Did you catch this with the new iMac ad

"Mr. PC" looks like Bill Gates, but hey, the ad agency is just using the guy from the Comedy Channel's "John Daily Show"

Default Charity Event Honoring Jim Cramer

Hi All - Wanted to let you know of an opportunity to join us in honoring Jim Cramer at the NCEE Visionary Awards on October 16th, 2006. The National Council on Economic Education (NCEE) is a not-for-profit organization that trains teachers and students, K-12, in economics, personal finance and entrepreneurship nationwide. We are holding the Visionary Awards at the Pierre Hotel in New York, and the event honors champions of economic empowerment. Other honorees include the Stephen Dubner, co-author of "Freakonomics", John Whitehead, Chairman of the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation and the Goldman Sachs Foundation, Harold "Terry" McGraw, CEO of the McGraw-Hill Companies and "High Water Women" a group of women in hedge funds doing great philanthropic work. There are limited single tickets and sponsored tables range from $10,000 to $50,000. If you would like more information about the event, please email me at rcolombo@ncee.net. You can learn about the NCEE at our website, www.ncee.net. Thanks.

Default Iran + Bush

Kind of scary what is going on. We wonder why stocks are tanking. Iran has been testing misiles while enriching uranium.

Iran’s President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has challenged the reality of the Holocaust and said that Israel must be “wiped off the map.” Bush and others in the White House view him as a potential Adolf Hitler, a former senior intelligence official said. “That’s the name they’re using. They say, ‘Will Iran get a strategic weapon and threaten another world war?’ ”

A government consultant with close ties to the civilian leadership in the Pentagon said that Bush was “absolutely convinced that Iran is going to get the bomb” if it is not stopped. He said that the President believes that he must do “what no Democrat or Republican, if elected in the future, would have the courage to do,” and “that saving Iran is going to be his legacy.”

Another war. Well Bush is wanting to make history for himself. I'd say that Iran really wanted to make nuclear power plants if they haven't been testing nuclear weapons at the same time.

I know this is off topic, but it's the reason why everything is red right now