Thread: Ebbers

Default Ebbers

from the AP:

Appeals Court Upholds Ebbers Conviction
    Friday July 28, 3:10 pm ET
    By David B. Caruso, Associated Press Writer
    Conviction of Former WorldCom CEO Ebbers Upheld; Could Clear Way for Jail Term
    NEW YORK (AP) -- A federal appeals court on Friday upheld the conviction of former WorldCom Inc. Chief Executive Bernard Ebbers on charges related to a multibillion dollar accounting fraud. The ruling by the three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals could clear the way for Ebbers to begin serving a 25-year prison sentence for his actions as head of the telecommunications company.
    Convicted in 2005, Ebbers had argued on appeal that he had been denied a fair trial and that his lengthy prison sentence was unreasonable.

there is more of the article, its easy to find on yahoo. i know its not exactly fresh off the wire, but i thought i had to post in homage to Cramer the wise.

Default Help! Looking for Insurance!

good day!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. your suggestions will help me more to have an idea and choice to compare with...
    thank you so much...

Default Brain Flatulance: Conferencing, etc...

Another week of learning about the stock market and moi is kinda, sorta, well, tired of learning and would like to be a Cramer Caller telling him, “Thank you for all the money you’ve made me—booyah!” I think one thing is for certain if the stock market ever gets back good, I sure ought to be one of those callers ‘cause I am ‘bout OD’d on learning ‘bout the negatives of the stock market—it is more “geez” than a “booyah!”

Staying for a while in a fancy hotel for a conference on “Becoming a TV Evangelist…”Fancy” in hotelspeak is based on the price outrageousness of what they charge you to use or to consume or to satisfy one of your sense organs with a service or provision…This hotel is thus fancy, because in case of fire you have to pay $9.95 to exit (You have to swoop your room key-card through the exit lock)…I don’t think I would argue about this charge if there was a fire or a terrorist attack, as I would ‘bout being charged for breaking the seal on a $6 one liter bottle of water to douse on meself in case of Spontaneous Human Combustion, which I have to watch out for these days, since I am studying to become a high income—sorry, strike that—high powered TV evangelist under the tutelage of the most imminent world-renown Video Professor, and failing…I have screamed and gnashed my teeth and smacked the TV screen showing CNBC and still I cannot seem to raise the stock market from dead…It is horrible to be awful now both in the stock and high income—sorry, high powered—TV evangelism markets…

Sad to say, but I, well, cheat…I slip away to a Waffle House—but I remember Master Cramer loves Best of Breed and “branded” products, so I proudly slink off to the nearby WH for some real food with grease, salt, sugar, and caffeine…I think buying Brand is why my Dollar General Disposal Razor is still going strong—booyah! DG’s version of WD-40 keeps its blade sharp and ready—another booyah!

Today, at our final conference we get to buy titles…I am going for “Bishop” I think and may well also buy a “Doctor”…My feeling is if one brand name is good, then obviously two would be better—booyah! I kinda like imagine my first TV show with my title: “And now-w, Bishop Doctor Zyzzyva…” I am thinking I will burst forth screaming, “BOOYAH!! I CAN’T HEAR YOU-U!! BOO-YAH!!” I am thinking viewers of TBN don’t watch “CNBC” and vice-versa…I am thinking “borrowing” booyah in this instance ain’t exactly plagiarism in the strictest sense, which is majordomo big in TV Evangelism, where, because of tax issues, we have to be careful—we don’t like, shall I say, render unto Caesar anything…

Kind Reader, I bless you and leave you with this stock tip: Monday (6/24), from my titanium cathedral that has began with one small chip for man, I shall attempt to raise the stock market from the dead, so if you have faith in your Bishop Doctor of Wall Street, get ready to buy, or if ye is of so little faith, short, but to one and all, booyah!

Default Bush's Stupidity

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...t_x.htm?csp=34

He screws up with everything he gets his hands on (e.g., 9-11, Iraq, Israel, and now stem cell research). He has got to be the worst president in the United States' history. Is he trying to push us back into another dark ages? We can save some aborted fetuses from saving millions of lives through stem cell research. Instead of using them for science, we'll just cremate them. The conservatives that buy this line of crap are so incredibly ignorant!

Default Give this a try... I am an idiot

Idiot spam post deleted by administation!

These posts are tracked by IP address, and after banning the user, complaints are sent to the email provider, the ISP, the upstream provider (the BIG ISP that supplies the little guys) and any other email addresses or websites mentioned in the spam.

Default Arab World Unites Against Israel

Air, ground and naval units from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Egypt have been seen massing for battle. Large fleets representing the combined navies of several countries steam toward the Israeli coast and the Straights of Hormuz. Representatives of the Arab league vow to stand united against the Israeli aggressors.

When Chickens have lips.

Israel pounds Lebanese territory effectively isolating country, Lebanese President whines, Arab world remains with finger in A**.
    Mahmoud you have permission to make me another felafel

What hits par first? Oil or CVX?
    Allah Akhbar

Default Lurkers

Strange, 69 ppl viewing this site at 18:29 on 7/20/06 yet only 8 members signed in (madcowdisease, Thierry Martin, Katibel, mlegha1, aiki14, roy, Will, Lou). Think somebody is gathering ideas?

Default Could This Be The Future?

http://www.changingworldtech.com/

I was first introduced to this co. and similar technology via an article in Motor Trend - Aug 2006, Vol. 58, No. 8. The article is Car Cannibalism by Frank Markus (technologue).

This is a new issue and to be fair to subscribers like myself, the article is not yet released online. Give it a few weeks and it will be available for everyone here: http://www.motortrend.com/features/editorial/

But, to wet your appetite Frank makes a sound argument for this technology, granted I haven't done the research yet. But, if these co.s could get the volume needed to make this process profitable we could see a real, viable alternative energy. As I understand it this process is already more net energy efficient than ethanol since it uses 15-20% of the fuel it makes to run the process; so we can see it's self-sustainable.

For a sample of this guy's writing click here:
    http://www.motortrend.com/features/e..._fuel_economy/

PS: you will find the co. above is privately held but we can always hope they go public to raise money. I will be looking for more co.s in this sector and hopefully one is publicly traded.

Default interesting investment opportunity

Oprah / PayPal Money Maker:

All you need is:
    1) An email address
    2) A PayPal account
    3) $6.00

Ever since the internet became popular, the word "scam" has become a daily
    term. I have never once tried any money making "system" outside of this because
    of that very reason. However, after reading reports on the validity and
    reputation of this money making system (seen on Oprah, CNN, and other
    media forums) I decided to give this one a shot... Especially since the so-called
    "risk" is only $6.00. I mean, for the chance, what a joke right? Anyway, only
    hours after implementing this exact system I about fell out of my chair as money
    ACTUALLY started rolling in. I couldn't believe it and for that reason, I wrote
    this intro and became a believer in this system.

WHAT IS IT?

The idea is that of a system that takes advantage of the power of compounding.
    And in a big way, let me tell you. First and foremost understand that there are
    countless spin-offs of this system that try to make a "quick buck" off of people.
    Long lists, the 5 & 10 dollar trees, the birthday systems, etc...
    Those spin-offs do make money because of the ease of implementation of this
    idea, but they do NOT use the compounding advantage. This system is THE
    legit and profitable one. Here is how it works... There is a list of 6 email
    addresses (you'll see it as you read further). Each of these people have already
    taken part in this system. When someone new comes along (such as yourself)
    he/she removes #1 off of the list, moves the other five email addresses up one
    position (i.e. #6 goes to #5, #5 to #4, etc.), and places their PayPal email
    address in the #6 position. This process is what develops the power of
    compounding. The bottom line is this... Honesty and Integrity creates
    Profitability. Following this EXACT process is what creates the money, and
    that is why this system has been raved about in the media. Altering the system
    creates weak results. The legality of this system comes from the idea that you
    are of course creating a mailing list, and a "service" is being provided (more on
    that later.) Now on to how your $6.00 creates BIG money...

INSTRUCTIONS:

STEP 1:

The first thing to do is highlight and SAVE this entire post in word or notepad
    on your computer so you can come back to it later.

After that, if you are not already a PayPal user you need to go to the PayPal
    website at www.paypal.com and SIGN UP. If you want to be able to receive
    credit card payments from other people then you will need to sign up for a
    PREMIER or BUSINESS account (not just a PERSONAL account). Paypal is 100% secure and is used
    by millions of people worldwide.

STEP 2:

Here is where the action occurs. The first thing to do is to send a $1.00
    payment to each of the 6 email addresses on the current list from your PayPal
    account. To do this quickly and successfully, follow these simple steps:

1. Login to PayPal and click on the "Send Money" tab near the top of the screen

2. In the "Recipient's Email" field enter the email address

3. In the "Amount" field enter "1" (This is your $1.00 payment)

4. In the "Category" field select "Service" (Keeping it legal)

Default Cubs or Pork chops

Cubs or Pork Chops

In a zoo in California, a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately, due to complications in the pregnancy, the cubs were born prematurely and due to their tiny size, they died shortly after birth. The mother tiger after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started to decline in health, although physically she was fine. The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused the tigress to fall into a depression. The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogate another mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve. After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressing news was that there were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce to the mourning mother.

The veterinarians decided to try something that had never been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother of one species will take on the care of a different species. The only "orphans" that could be found quickly, were a litter of wiener pigs. The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in tiger skin and placed the babies around the mother tiger. Would they become cubs or pork chops? Take a look........ You won't believe your eyes!