Thread: Thank God for the internet!

Default GOOGLE killer?

New search engine called ZOTSPOT. It pays you to use it! It's as good as google in all criterias ( speed, accuracy and so on) and moreover it has referral system and pays some cash for doing a search. Try it out for yourself!
    ZOTSPOT

Happy searching!

Default Ban Prodigy poll

Threaten us with a ban of our ip's eh?

Let's have the poll determine who should get Da'ax!

Default more goldbug propaganda

Greenspan says dollar now sharing stage with euro

Thu Oct 26, 6:02 PM ET WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said on Thursday that both private investors and central banks were shifting away from the U.S. dollar and toward the euro.
    "We're beginning to see some move from the dollar to the euro, both from the private sector ... but also from monetary authorities and central banks," Greenspan told a conference sponsored by the Commercial Finance Association.
    His comments pushed the dollar down, a sign that Greenspan, who retired from the U.S. central bank in January, still holds some sway in financial markets.
    As he had done repeatedly when he led the central bank, Greenspan said it was imperative for the United States to resist protectionist pressures that could make an unwinding of the large U.S. current account trade gap economically painful.
    "We'll get to the point at some point that willingness to finance it will slow, and if you can't finance it, it won't happen," Greenspan said of the broad trade measure.
    He said, however, that if the economy remained flexible, the adjustment "should have very little effect on production and capacity."
    Greenspan warned, however, that if the United States threw up barriers to isolate itself from the pressures of globalization, "the adjustment process could be a little bit more problematic."

link:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061026/...an_dollar_dc_4

odd how things come full circle over a long enough time frame- a link to Greenspan's famous "gold and economic freedom" essay from 1966, pre Fed days.

http://www.321gold.com/fed/greenspan/1966.html

Default Al-Qaida in Iraq tape

CAIRO, Egypt A new audio tape from al-Qaida in Iraq claims the group has mobilized 12-thousand fighters in the wartorn country.

Al-Qaida in Iraq's leader, Abu Hamza al-Muhajir (AH'-boo HAM'-zah ahl muh-HAJ'-ur), says those fighters have "vowed to die for God's sake."

He also describes President Bush as "the most stupid president" in U-S history and says his group is winning faster than expected in Iraq.

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.as...61537&nav=2KPp

Default Humor from another forum I frequent:

So I see this post on a boating forum I hang out on and I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes, the responses this poor guy got from people unfamiliar with what the guy meant to say...

have a 2001 240efi 20 foot challenger. The first time that I start the boat each time we go boating it starts up just fine, but after a couple of hours of turning it on and off during normal use, it eventually wont start back up again. It has plenty of battery and sounds like it is cilcking over fine, but it sounds like not enough gas is getting to the engine. I have had 2 dealers look at it, i have had the lanyard checked, but no one knows what the problem is. The boat always starts back up after about 40 to 50 attempts and has never left us totally stranded, do I need a new fuel pump? When the boat is on it runs like a raped date

Maybe it's just me but that butchering of 'raped ape' was literally lol

Default stock question

I must be stupid, how do you ask Jim about a stock? I'm not seeing it!!

Default Brain Flatulance: the Generic Wall Street Christmas

Okay, you be a fresh, genuine CNBC Talking Heading with blinding 20/20 hindsight

Another Christmas is gearing up

Thangs look honky-dory, right?

W-wrong! (Remember you have reached the lofty seat of being a CNBC Talking Head, so, act like one! Geez! Nothing is honky-dory if you are a darn Talking Head)

Okay, here is the drill: the closer to Christmas we get the worse the retail segment looks

Why, oh, why pray tell?

First, this Christmas is too short or too long--You will pickup on the consensus on length

Next, the weather is too hot or too cold or too wet or too dry--again, a consensus will build among your fellow Talking Heads--BE PATIENT!!

Gas will be back up, so this is peachy keen for a weak Christmas

There is no killer toy kids want even if there is one

Some big company won't have a product for the shelves

Oh, oh, don't forget to work in the FED

Remember a good story is more important than being right (for a good study try to get a copy of Master Cramer justifying buying into Krispy-Kreme, this is a classic on BS!)

Congrads on your future as a genuine Talking Head...Booby, you can do it!

Default Ding Dong, Rumsfeld's gone!!!!!

chalk another win for morality and justice

Default Come uppance

I can only hope Karl Rove and the neocons who are responsible for this are kept off the ledges.
    How long before Mr. Bush blames then jettisons Mr. Rumsfeld.

Default The Effect on the market

What will the effect be? The two undetermined senate seats probably do not loom large and we should see just enough gridlock regardless that the best possible outcome for the markets has occurred. I doubt we'll see either a monster rally or major sell off today.
    DJIA futures are down 29 pts as I write this so someone doesn't like the outcome of last night , we may see that narrow pre open (at least I hope so).
    I'll be watching oil prices and the patch for trades, big Pharma, and defense for shorts, biotech and green for longs. I also have been buying index puts against my long qqqq and spy.
    Good luck to all