Thread: Thank God for the internet!

Default What happened with Gabby?

i only ever managed to talk to one person, but the gabber sure disappeared quickly.

Default What about the scoreboard behind Cramer

I know it gives the date, but what about those other scores, which never change during the show or between shows?

Default Healthcare Medical Nurse Recruiter Career Are In Demand- Will Train

Medical, healthcare, nurse recruiter are also called healthcare professional headhunter, agent are in demand because of the current shortage of medical healthcare professionals such as rn, lpn,lvn, physical, speech,occupational therapist, radiology technician, and medical technologist. Great opportunity for non healthcare professional and healthcare professional to enter this high potential career or business. Because of the baby boomers, which require increase medical assistance, and the shortage of medical professionals makes this profession to grow rapidly. Independent healthcare recruiters potential income is in the six figure. Pro Healthcare Recruiters provides opportunities for healthcare and non healthcare professional to enter this hot profession and this hot new business of medical staffing agency. Pro Healthcare Recruiters provides the materials and consultation services to get your career or business of the ground or to be part of our team as a successful associate healthcare recruiter. For more info. visit http://www.prohealthcarerecruiters.com

jennov110806alu

Default Retailers hot with female girls

As a non-stock guru, I still enjoy playing Cramer, so...

I work with teenagers and this is the result of an informal survey when I asked: "If I gave you $250 gift certificate, what store(s) would you prefer?"

"aro" [Very popular -- Never even heard of the chain till now]
    "anf" [its Hollister acquisition is a major plus]
    "aeos"
    "psun"

Blah Award: The Gap

Default Are HYIP's (high yield investment programs) a scam?

Hi,
    Why can't I find any "warnings" about HYIP's in any of our .gov sites? Are they real? I looked at the department of commerce but found nothing. Do you know of such a .gov site that is warning consumers? If so I would love to know what it is.

Thanks for your time.

Default New Investor

New at this, can't take major risk but want to play a little. Cramer says to start with 4 stocks? Is this right? What should the risk ratio be? I am looking at WMI, GRMN, CSCO, BEAS, BAC & NYX or COF or MA. (any thoughts on the last 3) Are these too many to start? Only 3-4K to start with. Help please!

Default Cut and Run, the Only Brave Thing to Do

Cut and Run, the Only Brave Thing to Do

Sunday, November 26th, 2006

Friends,

Tomorrow marks the day that we will have been in Iraq longer than we were in all of World War II.

That's right. We were able to defeat all of Nazi Germany, Mussolini, and the entire Japanese empire in LESS time than it's taken the world's only superpower to secure the road from the airport to downtown Baghdad.

And we haven't even done THAT. After 1,347 days, in the same time it took us to took us to sweep across North Africa, storm the beaches of Italy, conquer the South Pacific, and liberate all of Western Europe, we cannot, after over 3 and 1/2 years, even take over a single highway and protect ourselves from a homemade device of two tin cans placed in a pothole. No wonder the cab fare from the airport into Baghdad is now running around $35,000 for the 25-minute ride. And that doesn't even include a friggin' helmet.

Is this utter failure the fault of our troops? Hardly. That's because no amount of troops or choppers or democracy shot out of the barrel of a gun is ever going to "win" the war in Iraq. It is a lost war, lost because it never had a right to be won, lost because it was started by men who have never been to war, men who hide behind others sent to fight and die.

Let's listen to what the Iraqi people are saying, according to a recent poll conducted by the University of Maryland:

** 71% of all Iraqis now want the U.S. out of Iraq.

** 61% of all Iraqis SUPPORT insurgent attacks on U.S. troops.

Yes, the vast majority of Iraqi citizens believe that our soldiers should be killed and maimed! So what the hell are we still doing there? Talk about not getting the hint.

There are many ways to liberate a country. Usually the residents of that country rise up and liberate themselves. That's how we did it. You can also do it through nonviolent, mass civil disobedience. That's how India did it. You can get the world to boycott a regime until they are so ostracized they capitulate. That's how South Africa did it. Or you can just wait them out and, sooner or later, the king's legions simply leave (sometimes just because they're too cold). That's how Canada did it.

The one way that DOESN'T work is to invade a country and tell the people, "We are here to liberate you!" -- when they have done NOTHING to liberate themselves. Where were all the suicide bombers when Saddam was oppressing them? Where were the insurgents planting bombs along the roadside as the evildoer Saddam's convoy passed them by? I guess ol' Saddam was a cruel despot -- but not cruel enough for thousands to risk their necks. "Oh no, Mike, they couldn't do that! Saddam would have had them killed!" Really? You don't think King George had any of the colonial insurgents killed? You don't think Patrick Henry or Tom Paine were afraid? That didn't stop them. When tens of thousands aren't willing to shed their own blood to remove a dictator, that should be the first clue that they aren't going to be willing participants when you decide you're going to do the liberating for them.

Default Brain Flatulance: My Thanksgiving...

First off, thanks Cramer. Cramerland is fun. Man, you can slow down now and some nights stop hustling, pull up a stool, loosen your tie, and just calmly tell us for the whole show more of the "Secrets of the Temple" stuff and your war stories (a la your great book "Confessions of...").

Next, this year I have enjoyed this forum, because it is fun and not mean. Thank you, Thierry. Great job. (Ditto, thank you posters.)

The hard part of this year is I lost my mother and my former father-in-law to cancer. Out of this, I came to believe there are Angels from Heaven; and in my case, these Angels came in the form of hospice workers and CNAs at the nursing home. They make the Wall Street Hot Shots seem, well, just that. For all their loot, when you go into the Dark Night of the Soul, they are not there. How amazing are people who help the living through death and CNAs who do the 24/7 nasty, nasty clean-up work cancer treatment demands and all for crummy wages.

Therefore, this year, I bit the bullet and had my first Colonoscopy. Naturally, I "Googled" this, and naturally, I asked others. Finally though, I went for it.

It was totally painless, except the night before I had to drink a gallon of stuff best described as drinking a gallon of sodium bicarbonate. Ohmygawd! Anyway, once at the doctor's office, things went efficiently smoothly. The staff thought I would worry about my modestity. I set everyone straight right off by explaining if I had anything south of the ol' border that would spark interest, then this would be an ego trip for me--BOOYAH! I said, "Come on, you see this five days a week, plus you won't remember me five minutes after I leave, though if I impressed you, that would sure be nice." This made everyone feel at ease. (I'm a nice smart aleck.)

I lay there and was watching this screen when it dawned on me I was watching a tour of the inside of me and not spelunking on the Discovery channel. The only thing the doctor found was two Smiley Faces, and he asked me if I wanted them scrapped off the walls of my colon. (It seems there is a happy-to-be-alive bacteria that leaves on the walls on the colon what looks like Smiley Faces.) I told the doctor to leave well enough alone.

When the doctor pops in later and tells you there are no problems, I must confess the feeling that comes on you is better than owning Google--actually better!

Bottom Line: though I do not play a guru even on TV, make next year a winner if you need a Colonoscopy. This is a Super Best of Breed investment even if, God forbid, they find more than Smiley Faces on your colon! Our Master Cramer, I betcha, would agree on this investment advice.

Default Need an answer to a quick question

Working on a research paper and need to know the name of the act that forced all information about stocks to be made public to everyone, not just clients and analysts. The only legislation that sticks out in my mind is Sarbanes-Oxley but I am sure that's not it.

Default "Don't Cry For Me Don't Cry For Me Big Big Oil"

I was watching "Evita"

One song made me feel very, very sad

I found myself singing along

Want you join me?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Together, let's...begin...

(Eva) (Us)
    It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
    When I try to explain how I feel
    That I still need your love after all that you’ve done

You won't believe me