Thread: How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Default Default gold

Just wondering what anyone here thinks of gold and gold related stocks at this point in time?

Default I'm a doctor Jim; not a stock analyst!

Speaking of Cramer's wonderful advice about the Demandware IPO this am:

Take Demandware, for example, which will go public later this week and trade under the ticker symbol DWRE. Demandware makes cloud-based software that helps companies design and maintain their own e-commerce websites. E-commerce was a $316 billion business in 2010, Cramer said. It could swell to a $653 billion business worldwide, though, by 2015. The total market for cloud enabled e-commerce platform services is expanding with a remarkable 21.3 percent compound annual growth rate. It is estimated to grow from a $4.3 billion business in 2010 to $11.3 billion by 2015. Cramer likes Demandware has a subscription-based business model, too, because the subscriptions allow for a continual stream of revenue.So how much should investors be willing to pay for Demandware?
    ?I want you in this deal when it prices on Wednesday night, provided it prices at below $15 a share,? Cramer said. ?Anything more than that and there might not be enough juice to merit buying, even if the company's as terrific as we think it is.?

Default Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

Thumbs up Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

March 15, 2012 - Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY)

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Thursday, 3/15/12

Random Thoughts

After all was said and done, a lot more was said than done. The Ps and Quack ended up flat for the day.

Sometimes you get a shoulder shrug "pause" type day after a big up day. So, don't read too much into this. As I said in the MIM, even God took a day off.

So what do we do? Nothing has changed. With the market hovering near new highs, there are no setups for a pullback based methodology. Manage what you have, take partial profits as offered, trail your stops higher, and honor your stops just in case.

Sit tight and relax. If this market keeps on keeping on--and if you are a trend follower, that's what you are trained to believe--then there will be plenty of opportunities along the way.

Futures are firm pre-market.

I'm chilling the Dew now. Call in sick. I have a feeling that we're going to have a good show today.

Default Risk Is On As Precious Metals Collapse

The precious metals are taking another hard hit today as money is flowing out. Not only is the Dollar stronger but the risk on trade is all the rage. The PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSEARCA:UUP) is trading at $22.41, +0.11 (+0.49%). When traders and investors feel the economy is on the right path, there is no need to hold gold for safety. The recent collapse in the price of gold speaks to this. Today, the SPDR Gold Trust (ETF) (NYSEARCA:GLD) is trading at $159.63, -2.50 (-1.54%).

As Wall Street feels the markets are safe, smart traders are getting nervous. Usually, when so many bulls are feeding at the hype trough, it is time to go into cash or short. Time will tell but this trader is now eyeing the downside.

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks

Default Default $SONS - stock on my watchlist

Default $SONS - stock on my watchlist

SONS is approaching the trendline, waiting to buy it if it drops further and set my stop loss below the trend line.

Default Default 6 Tips For New Option Traders

Read one book per month

There really is so much to learn when it comes to options and you need to be an avid reader and learn as much as you can. One thing I aimed to do when I was starting out was read one book per month. You could also aim to read a couple of educational articles on the web each day as well. Sites like Seeking Alpha and Stock Twits are great and of course Options Trading IQ as well!

Have realistic expectations

One problem for many beginners is they get sucked in by the big numbers some people are promising. The reality is, you will likely struggle for the first couple of years with very inconsistent returns. Trading is hard work! It takes lots of discipline, knowledge, planning and a good system.

Learn about stocks first

In order to become a successful option trader, you need to learn about stocks first. You need to understand the various factors that move a stocks price such as earnings announcements, GDP releases and other economic factors. It is vitally important to learn how different stocks perform in different market environments before you can start successfully trading option

Default Lightbulb Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Wednesday, 3/14/12

Lightbulb Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Wednesday, 3/14/12

Random Thoughts

Coming into Tuesday, I was a little worried about the stalling action in the indices. Well, it looks like that energy was wasted. Bam! The indices broke out nicely to new multi-year highs, continuing their rally out of a Persistent Pullback pattern.

So what do we do? Since the methodology requires a pullback and we just had one, you should be long by now. Therefore, use this rally as a chance to take partial profits and trail your stops higher as offered. Then, look to establish new positions (or add back to existing ones--see webcasts) on the next pullback.

Jeez, Dave, you make it sound so easy! Well, it isn't easy but it's not nearly as hard as many try to make it.

Futures are flat pre-market.

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Tuesday, 3/13/12

Random Thoughts

I'm a little concerned that the indices are stalling near their recent highs. Ideally, I'd like to see them break out decisively and not look back for a while. As you would expect, some sectors and individual issues are also stalling short of their prior highs.

It's not the end of the world though. The indices, most sectors, and most stocks still remain in solid intermediate-term uptrends. I'd just like to see some acceleration higher.

So what do we do? I'm not seeing many setups. This makes since for a pullback based methodology. Therefore, sit tight and let things shake out. Manage existing positions. Take partial profits as offered and honor your stops just in case.

On a solid breakout, we should see plenty of new setups soon.

Futures are firm pre-market.

Default How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

"How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy"

Free Webinar Recorded on Tuesday, December 3rd at 8:00 PM EST (New York Time)

In this free online class John Carter will share with you:

A Powerful Simple Strategy for Trading Options on ETFs
    The SAFE Levels to Take Risk
    The Very Best ETFs to use
    Which ETFs You Have to Avoid Like the Plague
    And much more...

Don't miss this free trading education from a real pro!