Thread: Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - VF Corp (VFC)

Default Quicksilver Resources Inc

Just bought Quicksilver Resources Inc (KWK) stock today at 5.80, I was wondering what you guys think about this stock. The EPS looks really good on this one, and is in a good sector...Your Thoughts?

Default Default Has Microsoft and HP "lost it"? Why Apple is up perhaps...

Will Microsoft and HP be down in future years? Apple and Dell up? Read on...

My computer broke!

So I went shopping for a new one. I like the best as I use my computer a lot. In the past I have bought Compaq, or HP...

Well the stores did not have HP's with Intel processors! I've learned from other people that non-Intel processors don't work with everything...

The latest and greatest were Dell Computers. I went with Dell and am pleased with it... That is after I "operated" on it and replaced the limited 300 watt power supply with a 700 watt power supply which had 2 PCI Express card power connectors - for my "wiz-bang" add-in dual monitor video card (another "operation").

Anyway HP is out, Dell is in!

Then I had XP and have always had Microsoft office...

The new computer came with Windows 7 and I purchased Microsoft Office 2010 (thinking I could install this and get back to work)...

What a NIGHTMARE!!!

NOTHING in Microsoft Office 2010 is as it was in previous versions. I could not do ANYTHING! All the commands are changed into a "ribbon".

Long story short, it has taken me 5 days to get Windows 7 and Office so I could use it. I used to be in the computer field and am quite good at this stuff. I pity people who are not so good at these things.

Anyway to get the "classic menu look" for Office, I had to buy an add-on from a 3rd party vendor! FYI here...
    http://www.addintools.com/office2010...nal/index.html

I did some snooping around and one web site said 58% of those surveyed hate Office 2010. Some office types said they have spent 20 years learning office and now can't get any work done. Macros no longer work, etc. Tons and tons of ticked off people. And people were ticked off that they had to go to a 3rd party vendor to get the classic menu bar for Office - that Microsoft did not provide this...

Bottom line: Microsoft for some reason is not listening to their customers. Not providing the products people want. Also during the installation process, I have seen numerous screens where Microsoft wants to "monitor my computer use" to improve their products. But no where have I seen where they want to ask me (a human who makes purchasing decisions) my opinions. Not good!

And I HATE Apple....

...however with my latest experience, I am strongly going to consider Apple for my next computer purchase.

Look at the screen shots of Word for Windows -vs- Word for Mac...
    http://www.mactalk.com.au/wp-content...11-WordGUI.png

Seems Apple is listening to their customers? (The people...)

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Wednesday, 3/21/12

Random Thoughts

The Ps and Quack started soft but recovered to make back most of their losses. You can't keep a good market down. Sooner or later they will have a more serious correction but so far, they remain in a nice uptrend out of a Persistent Pullback.

The Rusty was a bit of a disappointment. It came right back in after just breaking out. I wouldn't worry too much though. One big up day would put it back to new highs.

So what do we do? The mild sell off on Tuesday has set up a few pullbacks. So, look to start adding on some new positions. As usual though, just make sure you wait for entries. And, honor your stops and take partial profits as offered on existing positions just in case the next correction comes sooner rather than later. It's too bad there's not a book explaining all this money and position management in detail. Wait! There is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097...SIN=0974765333

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Cisco Systems (CSCO)

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Cisco Systems (CSCO) for Mar 21, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Cisco Systems (CSCO), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "52-Week High" list. Cisco on Tuesday posted a new 13-month high of $20.64 and closed up 2.14%. TrendSpotter issued a new Buy signal on Tuesday's close of $20.57. In recent news on the stock, Cantor on March 6 initiated coverage on Cisco with a Buy rating and a target of $22.50. Wells Fargo on March 16 reiterated its Outperform rating on Cisco and issued a favorable opinion on Cisco's acquisition of NDS Group for $5 billion, which it said gives Cisco attractive video assets. Cisco Systems, with a market cap of $107 billion, is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet.

Default General Mills (GIS) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

March 21, 2012 - General Mills (GIS)

Default Camelot Information Systems Inc (NYSE:CIS)

On the radar. Bottom play. CIS gave us a small move today, which could be the start of a bigger move. If the stock can break through the 50-day MA at $2.49, we should see a strong follow through move. This move would break the short-term downtrend, and should drive the stock back towards February highs. In addition, The daily chart shows possible new rally as %K line has crossed on top over %D line while ROC is still at oversold level. Keep watching CIS for a bigger move soon.

Default MBI ready to POP?

I wanted to know some opionions Resistance at 9.80 if it breaks thru. I expect it will go to 10.14. currently crossing 5minute 200ma

Default TNK Short

I'm Short at 5.60 TNK looks like its forming a shooting star and way overbought and below 200MA

Default 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM #1 Barchart.com Barchart.com is offline official contributor Ba

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Simon Property Group (SPG) for Mar 20, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Simon Property Group (SPG), which showed up on Monday's Barchart "All Time High" list. SPG on Monday posted a new all-time high of $144.00 and closed up 1.18%. TrendSpotter issued a new Buy signal on March 2 at $137.25. "Chart of the Day" featured Simon Property Group about two months ago with the Jan 24 close of $133.74. In recent news on the stock, Standard and Poor's announced on March 9 that Simon Property Group would be added to the S&P 100 index as of the March 16 close, replacing Alcoa. Simon Property management on March 8 raised its 2012 FFO (funds from operations) guidance to $7.35-$7.50 after recent deals, up from the previous $7.20-$7.30. Simon Property Group, with a market cap of $42 billion, is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns and manages income-producing properties, mainly regional

Default Caterpillar (CAT) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

March 20, 2012 - Caterpillar (CAT)