Thread: Citigroup (C) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

Default Lightbulb Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Trimble Navigation (TRMB)

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Trimble Navigation (TRMB) for Mar 28, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Trimble Navigation (TRMB), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Trimble on Tuesday posted a new all-time high of $55.57 and closed up +1.04%. TrendSpotter has been Long since March 13 at $53.03. In recent news on the stock, Trimble on Feb 2 reported Q4 EPS of 54 cents, above the consensus of 48 cents. Management provided Q1 EPS guidance of 61-63 cents, above the consensus of 58 cents. Piper Jaffray on Jan 9 said the pullback in Trimble was a buying opportunity and reiterated its Overweight rating and target of $57. Trimble Navigation, with a market cap of $6.7 billion, sells applications requiring position or location, including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping.

Default Research Basis

This thread is designed to focus on a small group of investment and trading research websites or other services offering the best possible information for fund creation. So far, I've tended to use Stockcharts.com, SEC sites, and Fidelity's research as my primary sources, but I will use dozens of others depending upon the type of info I'm looking for. Let's try to create this list as a group and agree on the best choices for investing and for trading.

Default Lgf- its hungry for a buy buy buy

Jumping in here...

thoughts?

Default Harris (HRS) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

March 27, 2012 - Harris (HRS)

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Tuesday, 3/27/12

Random Thoughts

The Ps rallied nicely out of a flag formation. The Quack broke out to decade plus highs, gaining over 1 ?%. Rusty came back with a vengeance. It closed at multi-year highs and is just shy of all-time highs.

If you're new to all this, when a market is making new highs, it's in an uptrend. It's really that simple. I never said trading was easy, it's just not nearly as difficult as most try to make it. Yes, I know the Fourier transform oscillating wave count is at its highest level since 1999. But, I also know that the market made new highs yesterday.

Here's the score for the first quarter (I know, quarter ain't over yet):

Trend Following Morons 1 Smart Dudes 0

So what do we do? Use this opportunity to take partial profits and trail your stops highs. On the next pullback, we'll look at add on once again.