Thread: How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Default Fall in to the Gap (GPS) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

Chart of the Day for May 30, 2012 - Fall in to the Gap (GPS)

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Friday, 6/1/12

Random Thoughts

The market continued to slide of a First Thrust but did manage to close off of its worst levels. Futures are getting decimated pre-market so it looks like the slide continues out of the pattern.

So what do we do? Well, if you've been reading this newsletter you're probably been short for a while. So, manage what you have by trailing your stops lower and take partial profits on this morning's weakness if offered. Isn't it nice to come into a day like today and be able to keep your head while everyone else is losing theirs? The charts don't always work but it sure is nice when they do! Since the futures are getting creamed, you probably want to hold off on new shorts for now.

Default Facebook's horrible IPO

Last Friday the moment was finally there, Facebook went public. On the first day of trading we already saw that the stock price didn't meet the high expectations among many investors.

Now, after a couple of trading days the bad news around Facebook's IPO is piling up. The Nasdaq is sued by investors because of the fact that the trading systems had some technical malfunctions. JPmorgan and Goldman Sachs will be investigated in their role during the IPO. Bankers could have spreader negative information about Facebook among their bigger clients who wanted to buy Facebook shares.

What do you think about this situation. Is Facebook a good investment for the long-term?

Default Penny Stock Watchlist 6/1 - Free Chat Room for All!

Here's the deal. Market has been slow lately, but we've been killing it. Tired of watching your stocks lose your money? Now is your chance to join us in the chat room for free. The catch is you have to do your homework, watch and learn. As only members will have access to the videos/articles/seminars/ etc. The free chat might last a week or it might last forever. It's a trial for me to see what happens. Part of the deal is this watchlist will be what it used to be, just a list. If you want the in-depth idea behind why some of the stocks are on the list and the possible trade idea, then just become a member already. Its just $40 a month. Now get your butt in the FREE chat room and when you're ready to learn what the hell I'm talking about in chat, then join up! Here's your list for Friday:

MVIS VRNG GALE FCEL GWBU TISA KSWS CVO KERX IPAS TEAR PRKR PWER DYN EAHC ETAK SNTA STNT

Over $5: BONT ARNA END CIEN ROSG ISLE FB

In-depth also mentions a hot sector and a few tickers to watch. Here's the in-depth watchlist for members:

Default I'm going long on this one (JOY)

Joy Global mining company.

Looks like they have technology that Caterpillar (CAT) is interested in as well as being solidly planted in the industry.

7 straight years of growth. Solid track record and I like that CAT is showing some interest.

In at 66 1/4 today. In it for the long run, I hope.

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY)

The "Chart of the Day" is Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), which showed up on Tuesday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Bed Bath & Beyond on Tuesday posted a new record high of $74.67 and closed up 2.10%. TrendSpotter has been long since May 11 at $71.55. Bed Bath & Beyond was last featured by "Chart of the Day" as of the close on Nov 8, 2011 of $63.44. In recent news on the stock, Argus on May 17 reiterated its Buy rating on BBBY and maintained its $80 target, saying it is positive about the company's acquisition of Cost Plus because the deal will enable BBBY to add some excitement to its stores with new merchandise. Credit Suisse on May 11 upgraded BBBY to Outperform from Neutral and raised its target to $91 from $75 because the Cost Plus acquisition adds growth, improves selection, and reduces sourcing costs. Bed Bath & Beyond, with a market cap of $17 billion, is a nationwide operator of superstores selling predominantly better quality domestics merchandise and home furnishings typically found in better

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Bob Evans Farms (BOBE)

The "Chart of the Day" is Bob Evans Farms (BOBE), which showed up on Thursday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Bob Evans on Thursday posted a new all-time high of $40.74 and closed up +0.74%. TrendSpotter has been long since April 27 at $38.67. In recent news on the stock, the company on March 8 affirmed FY12 EPS guidance of $2.38-2.44 versus the consensus of $2.44 and said it is targeting 7-10% long-term growth. Bob Evans Farms, with a market cap of $1.1 billion, owns and operates restaurants, including Bob Evans Restaurants, Owens Family Restaurants, Bob Evans `small-town` Restaurants, and Cantina Del Rio Mexicanrestaurants. They also produce fresh and fully-cooked sausage products and fresh, deli-style salads which are distributed primarily to grocery stores in the Midwest, Southwest and Southeast.

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Thursday, 5/31/12

Random Thoughts

In spite of all the celebration about Wednesday's rally, the market turned right back down-in a "do over" fashion. In fact, it gave back all of Wednesday's gains and then some. This action has it selling off out of a First Thrust pattern.

So what do we do? I'm still seeing a plethora of shorts that are set up. I especially like the ones that are just coming off of multi-year highs. This helps to ensure that the most amount of participants are trapped on the wrong side of the market. Read the First Thrust article above.

The Dollar and Bonds banged out new highs on Wednesday.

Come to the chart show later today. I'm going to flesh out all of the above in a lot more detail. If you don't have my book but do plan on reading it as some point, email me for the password.

Futures are flat to firm pre-market.

Default How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

"How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy"

Free Webinar Recorded on Tuesday, December 3rd at 8:00 PM EST (New York Time)

In this free online class John Carter will share with you:

A Powerful Simple Strategy for Trading Options on ETFs
    The SAFE Levels to Take Risk
    The Very Best ETFs to use
    Which ETFs You Have to Avoid Like the Plague
    And much more...

Default There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs... and they're in this video

There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs...and they're in this video...

9 Reasons to trade Options on ETFs

You'll learn from John Carter...

Why ETFs are his BEST Instrument for Options Trading
    How he wires 34k from his Trading, to his Personal Account
    Why ETF Options are untouchable by Market Makers
    And a LOT more...