Thread: How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Default Large Scale Global Economic Collapse Inevitable?

I don't want this to be some conspiracy theory thread, I am just curious as to what other people's opinions are on this subject. I am no economic expert, just a 20 year old Construction Management major trying to make some money in the stocks, but I don't want to be left out in the cold if something catastrophic does happen.

I also don't know if this is the right place for this thread, so please move it wherever acceptable.

Here it goes:

Does anyone else realistically foresee a large scale global economic collapse?

Isn't there only so much debt all the nations can pile up before something catastrophic happens? The US is bad, with $13 trillion dollars in debt, but that is nothing compared to Europe's situation right now with $136 Trillion (US equivalent)... With so much debt across all nations on virtually all continents, how in hell are we supposed to make that up? We simply cannot... The only way numbers could return to semi-normality would be massive deflation across virtually all nations. The economy in Europe seems to be going down the toilet, and when that happens, I see that as just foreshadowing for what could happen here in the US.

I am thinking of it in terms of credit card debt almost. When people get in over their heads in CC debt, usually they just file for bankruptcy. When a government gets in over their head in debt, what comes next?

Again, I am certainly no expert. These are just some thoughts that have been running through my head when reading about the economy and watching the news, and I want to know what other people see in all these facts.

Default How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

"How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy"

Free Webinar Recorded on Tuesday, December 3rd at 8:00 PM EST (New York Time)

In this free online class John Carter will share with you:

A Powerful Simple Strategy for Trading Options on ETFs
    The SAFE Levels to Take Risk
    The Very Best ETFs to use
    Which ETFs You Have to Avoid Like the Plague
    And much more...

Default There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs... and they're in this video

There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs...and they're in this video...

9 Reasons to trade Options on ETFs

You'll learn from John Carter...

Why ETFs are his BEST Instrument for Options Trading
    How he wires 34k from his Trading, to his Personal Account
    Why ETF Options are untouchable by Market Makers
    And a LOT more...

Default Video shows legendary 223k profit day in the market

Proof that 'account size doesn't matter' is often very hard to find. People say it doesn't matter...but can't prove it.

This video PROVES it

Legendary trader John Carter had a pretty good day recently... where he recorded live his 223k trading day! This was recorded in his REAL money accounts...

97k on Apple
    93k on Google
    104k on Priceline

Default Just Released: 50 top movers in 2013

Just Released: 50 top movers in 2013

MarketClub.com has been in the business of trend following for decades, and they are happy to announce that you can take a look at Today's Top 50 Trending Stocks now...for free! This dynamic report is a list of market movers that can make a difference in your portfolio for 2013.

It costs you nothing, and it could be the game changer you have been looking for.

It's time you started trading like the smart money, get started today for free!

Just go here to access your list of top 50 trending stocks!

Default Join our stock picking contest

See how your picks stack up against other posters - join our weekly stock picking contest. Your win will be registered under your username and everyone will know about your stock picking talents.

Default Chipotle Mexican Grill - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

April 23, 2012 - Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Monday, 4/23/12

Random Thoughts

The lack of follow through on Friday scores as a bummer. The indices remain set up as "Micro" First Thrusts down. The Rusty still has a Bowtie down. The indices are also beginning to take on a head & shoulders look to them. It's not the end of the world but it certainly is time to pull in your horns a bit.

As I've been saying, a few big up days would make all the difference in the world. Futures are getting clocked pre-market so it could be a little bumpy on the open. If we see the mother of all reversals from this, then we might have dodged a bullet. Anything less and we'll have to remain cautious.

Again, we remain in one-day-at-a-time mode. Therefore, the plan remains the same:

1)Honor your stops on existing positions just in case this turns into something bigger. 2)Be selective on new positions. Trade the best and leave the rest. 3)Wait for entries on new positions. Again, as I preach, this can often keep you out of new trouble. 4)Start thinking about firing off a short or two but keep #2 and #3 in mind.

Default TimAlerts results

Name: Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 11.44.46 PM.png Views: 56 Size: 68.9 KB

Default Weekly Market Review 201216

Stock market finished slightly higher this past week as corporate earnings continued to outpace analysts' estimate. Although we are just two weeks into the earnings season, investors may turn back their focus into the economic fundamental ,where initial claims continued to exceed forecasts for 9 consecutive weeks, which are becoming a concern as the next employment data is approaching. While data remained weak on both jobs and housings front last week, the Treasury yield curve took a small step back into its initial rally point back in early March. Next week, the market will be focusing on the FOMC meeting and the first quarter GDP result, which will be a volatile week for the bond market.

Technical Highlights:
    ? Stocks are facing upward pressure from treasury yields as bonds continued to stay strong.
    ? The short term equity trend turned bearish as all three major indices failed to stay above their 50day moving average.
    ? RSMC rallied strong on both consumer staples and healthcare sectors, which indicates that money are flowing into the defensive stocks ahead of the next major trend start.
    ? Defensive stocks outperformed the market while all other sectors were holding small gains; Historical returns suggest that defensive stocks should continue to stay strong forward looking.
    ? While bonds are enjoying its low rates trading range, the short-term maturity bonds are suffering ahead of next week FOMC meeting.