Thread: How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Default EXCO Resources Inc (NYSE:XCO)

The stock displayed relative strength last week and broke out above resistance at the $6.76 level. XCO still showing strong accumulation on up days with high volume and selling on low volume. The overall outlook for the stock appears bullish IMO. Only a close below $6.5 would negate the bullish outlook for the stock. A close above $7.17 would reinstate short-term bullish trend that could propel the stock to the next target zone of $7.88.

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Friday, 4/27/12

Random Thoughts

Well, as I've been saying, when you're near old highs, a few big up days makes all the difference in the world. Thursday obviously scores as another good day.

This is a good thing but let's not start kissing each other just yet. It's still a one day at a time environment. Yet again, this will keep you from making any big picture predictions should this only be a correction.

So, what do we do?

Again, since we remain in one-day-at-a-time mode, the plan remains the same:

1)Honor your stops on existing positions just in case this turns into something bigger. 2)Be selective on new positions. Trade the best and leave the rest. 3)Wait for entries on new positions. Again, as I preach, this can often keep you out of new trouble. 4)Start thinking about firing off a short or two but keep #2 and #3 in mind. If the market keeps rallying, you might be able to avoid the short side altogether.

Default Pepsico (PEP) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

April 27, 2012 - Pepsico (PEP)

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Teradata Corp (TDC)

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Teradata Corp (TDC) for Apr 27, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Teradata Corp (TDC), which showed up on Thursday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Teradata on Thursday posted a new all-time high of $70.71 and closed up 1.97%. TrendSpotter just turned Long again April 13 at $69.02. In recent news on the stock, Teradata on Feb 9 reported Q4 non-GAAP EPS of 66 cents, above the consensus of 62 cents, and announced a $300 million share repurchase program. Morgan Stanley on April 13 named Teradata as one of several companies that has the most upside going into Q1 earnings. Teradata Corp, with a market cap of $11.2 billion, is the world's largest company focused on raising intelligence through data warehousing and enterprise analytics.

Default Penny Stock Watchlist 4/27

Still feeling ill, so have a doctor's appointment mid-day tomorrow. I'll be in chat during the morning, out during lunch and back for power hour. Still holding LQMT, see told you I'm turning into a swing trader. It helps when I'm playing small though due to being ill, makes me be more patient to maximize the return. If I was in bigger I would have been long gone this morning. I didn't trade anything else today, just didn't feel up to it; but there was a ton of potential I called in chat. Hope some of you guys banked on it. RCON VTMS HUSA IPSU to name a few; here's a quick list for Friday:

HUSA - watch for a 2.50 break, gap to fill towards 3.50.
    IPSU - Needs to break todays high to keep the momentum going
    VTMS - needs over .04 for buyers to keep it going.

PDO DOMK JCOF IPRC OMVE VALV MPET HW SINO AZK

BLEW PLPE LQMT

More in chat tomorrow. Have a Great Weekend everyone. Members, reminder, seminar this Sunday 8PM Eastern; topic - Big Budget Promos and building your account.

Default ExxonMobil (XOM) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

ExxonMobil (XOM) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Thursday, 4/26/12

andom Thoughts

As I've been saying, when you're near old highs, a few big up days makes all the difference in the world. Obviously, we had a good day yesterday. Follow through will be key though. A few more like yesterday and the market will be back to new highs and we can start high-fiving each other once again.

For now though, it's still a one day at a time environment. This will keep you from making any big picture predictions should this only be a correction.

So, what do we do? Since we remain in one-day-at-a-time mode, the plan remains the same:

1) Honor your stops on existing positions just in case this turns into something bigger. 2) Be selective on new positions. Trade the best and leave the rest. 3) Wait for entries on new positions. Again, as I preach, this can often keep you out of new trouble. 4) Start thinking about firing off a short or two but keep #2 and #3 in mind. 5) Come to the chart show today.

Futures are soft pre-market.

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Tim Hortons (THI)

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Tim Hortons (THI) for Apr 26, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Tim Hortons (THI), which showed up on Wednesday's Barchart "All-Time High" list. Tim Hortons on Wednesday posted a new all-time high of $55.42 and closed up 1.75%. TrendSpotter just turned Long again last Wednesday at $55.08. In recent news on the stock, company management on March 6 provided FY12 EPS guidance of $2.65-2.75 versus the consensus of $2.77. The company said it expects to open 100 stores in the U.S. in FY12 and 155-185 stores in Canada. Tim Hortons, with a market cap of $8.6 billion, is Canada's largest quick service restaurant chain and features coffee, fresh-baked goods, soups and sandwiches.

Default AutochartistStocks.com - Trading Opportunities

Hi
    I am a representative from AutochartistStocks.com.

Autochartist is a powerful market-scanning tool that monitors thousands of instruments daily including trading opportunities from NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, FOREX and more. The trading opportunities are based on psychological support and resistance levels in the market.

I will be posting videos and posts on a regular basis with trading ideas and good stocks to watch out for.

Default TSCO Earnings

I am wondering WTF just happened...

As usual TSCO does awesome on earnings... Just blew the doors off earnings... up 129%/share....

After hours trading its down 2+ points... it is shoud be up 3-4 points???

What am I missing???