Thread: How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Default Antichartjunk.com's Week 20 - Day 2 Portfolio & Watchlist Update

Buy or Sell: Sell

Long Into Week 20 ? 100% Cash

Add to watchlist as initial or secondary buys, but do not buy until market shows buy signals:

AMGN ? 70.10 to 73.61

AMT ? 64.65 to 67.88

CYBX ? 39.68 to 41.66

DG ? 47.69 to 50.08

ESRX ? 55.19 to 57.95

FUL ? 31.72 to 33.31

WFM- 86.45 to 90.77

Add to watchlist as secondary buys only, but do not buy until market shows buy signals:

CMG ? bounce from 50-day

ISRG ? bounce from 50-day

MA ? bounce from 50-day

PCLN ? bounce from 50-day

TSCO ? bounce from 50-day

Default LFVN ascending triangle

Today it publish results at the market close ... carefull

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - United Natural Foods (UNFI)

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - United Natural Foods (UNFI) for May 15, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is United Natural Foods (UNFI), which showed up on Monday's Barchart "All Time High" list. UNFI on Monday posted a new all-time high of $51.92 and closed +0.94%. In recent news on the stock, UNFI on March 6 reported Q2 EPS of 45 cents, above the consensus of 44 cents. RBC Capital on March 7 reiterated its Outperform rating on UNFI and said the shares should be bought on weakness, citing the company's stronger-than-expected Q2 results and that the company's margins "may have turned the corner." United Natural Foods, with a market cap of $2.5 billion, is the leading independent national distributor of natural foods and related products in the United States.

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN)

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN) for May 14, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN), which showed up on Friday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Dunkin' on Friday posted a new all-time high of $33.81 and closed up 2.10%. TrendSpotter has been Long since March 8 at $30.19. In recent news on the stock, Dunkin' on May 4 announced major expansion plans in the UK with the addition of 80 new stores over the next three years. Dunkin' on April 26 reported Q1 EPS of 25 cents, above the consensus of 23 cents. The company said it expects to open 550-650 stores globally in FY2012. Dunkin' Brands Group, with a market cap of $4 billion, owns, operates, and franchises quick service restaurants worldwide. Its brands include Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins.

Default A Weekly Look -- Week Ending 5/11

Friday was day 8 for the dollar?s daily cycle.
    This is the third daily cycle in the current intermediate cycle.

Default Penny Stock Watchlist 5/15

Members check in-depth watchlist to be posted soon, for details on my #1 watch tomorrow.

AFSE ARNA CLDX BDSI GWBU HTCH IDNG ISR JBII KERX KGJI LACO LSCG MBCI ORYN PVCT QASP STVI WEST XNPT

Still holding ELTP NEOM ORYN (free shares - sold my cost on Friday) TASR
    and sadly a few RARS that I'm just going to forget about for a long time like POWT. LOL> Going to make good tax write-offs at the end of the year to offset some of my gains.

Default Home Depot (HD) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

May 14, 2012 - Home Depot (HD)

A Quick Takes Pro canary in the coal mine. Looks like it keeled over.

Default Ideas or tips to make money selling puts/calls?

Sorry if this has been covered before. I am new to this forum so I have not looked at any old posts, but want to find out some tips that would be specific to my situation.

I am not a new investor, and have acumulated quite lot of stocks over the years. Maybe I haven't made mint on my picks but through luck (probably) I have made some good bets.

Some of my best buys have come when I was forced to execute a put. As is when the market was crashing I was forced to buy CAT at $30/share and forced to buy DIS at $30/share (etc..).

I am not afraid of being forced to buy a company I like, but I prefer to sell puts that I don't think will execute (or if they do execute will be at a price I like) for example, I sold a put on AAPL $310 (made me $2K for no risk as it turned out there was never even a hint of it going that low, but if it did execute I was OK).

So, with that as an example, are there any tips for what type of future puts to sell?

Also, I didn't tend to sell calls on my stocks as I was buy and hold. But I have gotten too fat on AAPL and CAT and I wouldn't mind selling some. IOW I will sell a future call on AAPL (I have sold two contracts one at $650 and one at $700 and got $2K for each) and I figured I would sell them at those prices any way. I know, I will lose on the upside, but I have 400+ so I don't mind if one or two execute and I can sell short puts if the price falls and get some money along the way.

I also have quite a lot of Altri (MO) which could sell calls on.

I am in a taxable account and I will owe capital gains, but I figure the cap gains tax cuts may expire this year and it wouldn't be the end of the world if some of my upside calls are executed, but I am not trying to sell the sahers at all costs either. I am a buy and hold guy so I am not afraid of holding my gainers forever.

Any questions or advice?

As I say, I prefer to SELL puts and SELL calls. I don't like paying for any options and can take my downside risks being long.

Phil

Default Thoughts about the Facebook IPO on Friday?

Do you think it will hold up better than Groupon?

Do you think it is overpriced?

Thoughts, ideas...

Default Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Monday, 5/14/12

Random Thoughts

NOTE: I'll be taking a break from the newsletter for a little while. I plan on resuming it on 05/25/12.

The market can't seem to lift its head off the bottom of its trading range. As I've been saying, when it's "on the edge of the cliff", it sure looks like it will jump.

We don't know that though. Yes, it looks ominous but I'd still avoid making any big picture predictions. As I've been saying, by now you probably should have some shorts working. If the market slides, then take partial profits on those and trail your stops lower. And, as usual, honor your stops on your existing longer.

Let the market tell your trading portfolio what to do by practicing the aforementioned proper money & position management.

Futures are weak pre-market.