Thread: How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Default Need Help - What do you believe is the future of PCX stock - Coal

I purchased 1000 shares at approximately $9.15 per share. I've seen a big loss in the stock since then (currently trading at $4.24). I don't know if I should cut my losses and reinvest into something with more potential or should I hold onto the stock and wait for a rebound.

What is your recommendation, I really appreciate the help.

Default Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Brown-Forman (BF.B)

Barchart.com's Chart of the Day - Brown-Forman (BF.B) for May 17, 2012

The "Chart of the Day" is Brown-Forman (BF.B), which showed up on Wednesday's Barchart "All Time High" list. Brown Forman on Wednesday posted a new all-time high of $88.72 and closed up 0.59%. TrendSpotter has been long since March 27 at $83.72. In recent news on the stock, UBS on April 4 upgraded Brown-Forman to Buy from Neutral and raised its target to $98 from $83 due to higher revenue growth estimates and market share gains. Brown-Forman on March 7 reported fiscal Q3 EPS of 93 cents, below the consensus of $1.00, and said it sees net sales growth in Q4 in the high single digit range. Brown-Forman, with a market cap of $12.6 billion, is a producer and marketer of beverage alcohol brands including Jack Daniel's, Southern Comfort, Finlandia, Canadian Mist, Fetzer, Korbel, Gentleman Jack, el Jimador, Tequila Herradura, Sonoma-Cutrer, Chambord, Tuaca, Woodford Reserve, and Bonterra.

Default Yum Brands (YUM) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

May 17, 2012 - Yum Brands (YUM)

Default Default UAN..... couldn't wait anymore

Been watching it for awhile. Right now is not my ideal time to go long on anything (except the VXX), I see overall market sentiment rolling over after a fantastic run from winter through this spring; and there are quite a few stocks that have me licking my chops right now, but ive been patient and not buying on the way down as of yet. UAN is the exception today. With a 9.4% dividend and a recent earnings that was decent i couldn't stand it.

Default Visa (V) - Quick Takes Pro Chart of the Day

May 15, 2012 - Visa (V)

Default Market Forecast with Artificial Intelligence

Hi,

Relying on state of the art artificial intelligence algorithms, we're starting a (free) market forecast service.

To pursue our business plan, we need to investigate the needs, qualities and quantities of our potential customers, and since you're all traders here, please take a moment to fill this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NHRVN2hXWnc6MQ

It's only 10 short questions! Thank you.

Note, this is part of a school assignment we have to do for a Business & Economics class. Since we're computer science students, we decided on a very lucrative (provided it is successful) business of providing *reliable* stock and other markets forecasts (obtained with the help of advanced AI algorithms). Please answer the survey as you would if it were a real, soon-to-become available service. You can make four girls and one guy tremendously thankful!

Note, since it's just a mock business, you needn't provide your email in the last question, but if you do, you may indeed be contacted when/if the service actually launches.

Thank you.

Default Any thoughts on MXWL???

I'm new here and a quick scan of the forums didn't show too much on this one.

Has this bottomed out yet? Looks like there is some insider buying, but so far that isn't turning into a rebound.

Is this the end of the drop, or just the end?

Thank you for any input!

Default Apple ? Technical Analysis

Apple is a title that I like to analyze because it is relatively straightforward, technically speaking. Since its IPO it has grown over 6000%, asserting itself as one of the most powerful companies in the world. Today, even after having lost its charismatic leader, remains in bull mode and nothing indicates that this cycle is close to a reversion.
    Nevertheless, in the medium term is likely to experience a slight correction. The high amplitude of the trend line that had been forming since the beginning of the year resulted in an expected correction. Since the last peak, the volumes have been decreasing, showing that the main trend remains bullish. This slight correction is only the normal movement of some investors taking profits.

The price is currently in a support area, which could give the basis for a new upward momentum. My expectation goes for a rebound in this support area followed by a break down. Unlike the idea represented in the picture, I do not think that we?ll assist to a direct brake until the consistent long-term ascending trend line. It?s most likely to occur a lateralization until the trend line, followed then (probably) its upward course.

The current point seems to me relatively uncertain for opening a long position, since the supports between this point and the trend line are not relevant. If it reaches the trend line, then yes, it will be a good place to start a long position. Opening short positions in a title so bullish, completely against the prevailing trend, do not seem to be a reasonable option.

Default Penny Stock Watchlist 5/17

Still holding GWBU, wasn't thrilled with the performance by any means today. I posted a video series for members discussing bid support etc. Depending on the action in the morning I may be selling. Even if they do try to run it higher; it may need a major pullback first. Sold ORYN for a nice profit today. ELTP just boring me, but I know that as soon as I sell it would run to .20, And NEOM just sittin' there, no rush.

ROSG was absolutly gorgeous today. Called it first thing this morning in the chat room and then mentioned the first dip as well as when it broke the 3.00 high of day. Ran to almost $8.00 from there.

List for Thursday:

ROSG - Every dollar spot acting as s/r. Keep that in mind if you try to play. Might be good for both long and short opps tomorrow. Similar play to CLNT last month.

GWBU - APS play sadly may need a major washout before they try to continue it; if at all. Just be careful if you are long.

MCET - subby to watch, closed a bit better than I expected. Watch the .0045 spot and similar volume as today. Otherwise it fades off tomorrow.

NNVC - Was pumped today by another chat room; and he sent emails today after he bought at .62; sending it to .80. Closed .76, so watch for the .80 break to continue the move.

Market is pretty tough right now on longs, so always keep tight stops if you buy something. Better to take a small loss and play again later, instead of taking a big loss when you realize its not bouncing back.

Others to watch: ORYN XNPT NLST THLD RENN LTS AH IDIX RPRX

Default Help with a Class Project

Hello folks,

Just wanted to say hi with a quick introduction. As part of our class project, we are to survey stock market investors about their preferences and priorities in trading software. If you could please take a couple of minutes to answer this short survey, it would help us a great deal. To show our appreciation, you will receive a free ebook after you're done. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

LINK TO SURVEY