Thread: Denny's diners?

Default Denny's diners?

I don't remember the last time I went to Denny's, but apparently it really was the last time :

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...r-being-armed/

I saw that yesterday. Just another example that common sense is disappearing in the modern society. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg for Denny's. Maybe the Board of Directors need to take a good look at the CEO.

Here is another one

I can appreciate them exercising their freedom to spread the ignorance, but to enforce it upon police....

My undestanding after digging a little deeper than the headline was that this was a local managers (rather unwise) decision in response to a customer complaint, and is not any kind of blanket policy on the part of Dennys. Even if it were, Dennys is a private business, as is Hobby Lobby, and should be conducted in the way the owners see fit, within the law, and that could mean a no-gun, neutral, or a pro-gun open-carry policy. Regardless, I don't think you can have it both ways, and it is really the business owners decision, and the customer chooses if they want to do business there.

Just re-watched Clint Eastwood's movie "Unforgiven" last night which had a bit of this theme in it. Great movie.

I agree somewhat.

But that decision should not have been in the hands of the branch manager, and if corporate Denny's does not have a policy regarding this, then it is a reflection on Denny's as a whole. That manager is the representative face for Denny's corporate whether he wants to be or not. It is up to corporate to either back him up or to discipline him.

The buck for this sort of thing stops at the top. Kudos to the police for putting a moratorium on dining at Denny's until a corporate policy is enacted.