Thread: The bored trader's thread

Default The bored trader's thread

Hi, all. New member but not new to trading. I've spent a great deal of time studying the markets and learning from my mistakes, with my hard earned money, over the past 10 years. I've developed a very simple approach to trading that works well for me and will just post my plays in this thread. I buy boring stocks and sell them when they become exciting. I buy low and sell high. I buy returns to support and sell euphoria.

I have been watching DEAR (fidelity bank) very closely for the past year. It is a low float bank stock that has been pretty predictable a couple times a year. An opportunity has presented itself today. Right now it is basing and has at last returned to September support (the 1.30s). Check the 6 month OHLC chart. Quarterly numbers are due in mid/end April. It is a buy in the 1.30s with a sell target in the 2-2.20 range.

I think it will take until the end of April, to early May, for the move back to 2.20 to unfold. It is at last a buy today. It will be a boring wait. I would rather be bored and profitable than excited and broke. Hence my style.

Please note that all posts are purely my opinion and not advice. Do your own DD. Good luck.
    AillieDot

Entered the yawn a minute BNVI at 72 today. Recent cratering post dilution and chart at the bottom offers minimal downside risk with a possible return to the 1-1.10 range in the coming 12 weeks.

lol I don't get bored trading... it's too exciting for me.
    AlberterynC

Both these charts suggest shorts, if anything.