Thread: Movie remakes better than the original?

Default Movie remakes better than the original?

What reboots / remakes are better than the previous attempt?
    Not including delayed sequels / prequels like Star Wars and Prometheus. I think Fury Road is half sequel half reboot.
    Mine. That I can remember...

1. Dark Knight trilogy
    2. Dredd
    3. Sherlock Holmes (2009 & 2011)
    4. Man of Steel
    5. King Kong (2005)

Fury Road isn't a remake, Tom Hardy was playing THEE "Mad" Max. IMHO they should have went with a remake instead of trampling on the image of the old BAMF Mel played as......but o, well(ill try to stick with just live-action cause if not, the Narnia & LOTR remakes would easily be 1 and 2 for me.)
    *no particular order*

1. Scarface (Al Pacino 83')
    2. 3:10 to Yuma (Russel Crowe 07')
    3. Point Break (Luke Bracey 15')
    4. The magnificent Seven (Denzel Washington 16')
    5. Sherlock Holmes (RDJ '11)

No just no. The remake was forgettable the original is a cult classic.

No one can't dispute the original is a cult classic and the actors in the remake aren't as good as these A-listers:
    • Patrick Swayze
    • Gary Busey
    • Keanu Reeves

BUT the story & dynamics of everyone (and how it was all portrayed) in the remake was much better IMO. In the original they were more or less thrill seekers, which was cool.
    But the remake put a real effort into showing that the team was trying to complete the "Ozaki 8" and it was more than just drugs/money/excitement.
    all in all, it was a difficult choice to make cause admittedly i have a unhealthy man-crush for anything Swayze. the dude was just a BAMF. (and a phenomenal actor)

You don't like the 2005 King Kong? It's not the best film ever but I enjoyed it. The only old one I've seen is the black and white one so I'm basing it on that. Plus I think it's better than the latest one. Both DotD films are great but I prefer original.