Thread: scottrade problems

Default scottrade problems

Is any one else having problems with logging into Scottrade this morning. It take a while to load and once you are on, you can't refresh.

I sold 500 sh of PTSC this morning. Order was received and took 1:50 min to execute. Stock had rose .10 cents during this 2 minute period. Did not receive better price!!! I have DSL and not happy with Scottrade. To be fair most trades are executed okay but you get what you pay for.

For your info, Scottrade routes your order thru a company that Scottrade's founder holds 1,000,000 shares. Anyone happy with thier direct access broker?

thanks for the reply... do you know the name of the company.

I've only had one problem like this happen to me aside from today. It was back in 2003 where I couldn't login at all. I had to call the branch and they placed the order for me to sell the stock. But by then I had already lost $1500 in profit. I couldn't really place a formal complaint since the broker said that it affected everyone. After that, I took out 80 of my money and put it into Ameritrade.

I still use Scottrade today but not for day trading.

Can't find where I saw this, but I'm sure a call to Scottrade would confirm this. Scottrade helped pioneer lower rates but you don't have direct access to ant ECN. My only problems with Scottie are slow executions when daytrading and penny stock pricing. For an occasional trade, Scottie is okay.