Thread: Cash is a Position

Default Cash is a Position

I went to cash earlier today when the Transports failed to follow the Dow. Looks like we pull back here, not sure if this is the start of something bigger or a bigger bullish setup. However, we are getting close to March so this could be part of a much broader pullback.

Thought you went to cash a few days ago? Why you always have to start multiple threads? I know its just to piss me off now. LOL.

:congrats::cheers:
    AgustinRub

Blaine, I'm a position trader. We all trade differently. I went to cash on Friday and traded Tuesday. I usually like to take a position for a week or possibly two. I don't typically like to day trade for the most part. For instance I entered Gern yesterday, it didnt do what I wanted, sold it and moved into STXS overnight. My intention was to hold both of them but I was still weary of the market at 16200. I'm not liking the action so much. When I noticed the transports going the other way early and the market was up, I sold off my positions and walked away. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Sure, I probably should have initiated a short position but Im not entirely sold that the market breaks down here again. However, the market action is pretty funky right now, so I think we have more room on the downside left. Maybe some back filling by 100 or 200 points.

As for multiple threads, you do it your way, I'll do it mine. You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to mine. Have a nice day.

Dude, the ONLY reason I rag on your multiple threads is because it pushes other good threads back multiple pages. It just comes across as spam. I'm honestly surprised Thierry doesn't combine more of your threads.

And of course, each is own opinion, BUT just keep the forum clean dude, that's all I ask.

The market didn't like the housing starts numbers today. After such a strong rally I am looking to go short.
    Here is my trade for tomorrow.

The XLF (financial index) is actually slightly weaker than EEM (emerging markets) recently but the trend is not as negative, I'm going with EEM.

The market shouldn't like the housing starts numbers. The whole "housing recovery" story the mainstream media keeps trying to push is bullshit. While there are a few areas which have been experiencing some good home sales, the majority of the U.S. has not, and many of the housing numbers which have been put forth by the mainstream media over the last year are exaggerated and/or taken out of context to make things seem better than they really are. Trust me, the NAR (National Association of Realtors) is one of the most powerful lobbist organizations in the country.