Thread: The Kroger Co. NYSE - KR -- Going to load up

Default The Kroger Co. NYSE - KR -- Going to load up

Seem like Cramer likes this too.

Kroger --- wow... planing on picking up a bunch of shares soon. Still finding a entry point -- still on radar list... --- Feel good about this "food" play. -- anyone have a position on this ? 8)

No position but I am quite familiar with the company. I just moved away from Cincinnati last year where Kroger is headquartered. My grandparents live only a mile or so form the Kroger Farm.

I still shop at Krogers and I did notice they are pushing through a concerted effort to focus on customer service. Employees will stop what they are doing and ask if you need help and really give customers a personal feel. I personally don't like because I know it is forced but I'm sure some people see it as a positive. I'm not sure if this is the reason for the increase in profits but it tells me management is serious about the attack from Walmart and are fighting back against the impersonal nature of super centers.
    Artisanwar

I live in the Cincinnati area and I know the workers union is in talks with krogers for a new contract and talks are not going well right now. There is talk of a possible strike.

Sets up a potential options straddle. Arbitrage the strike.