Thread: I want to start learning about stocks and investments

Default I want to start learning about stocks and investments

Can anyone help me with this? I am currently a student in Canada, so I am not a PR or a citizen. Can I still buy stocks and such for US companies, or any other companies in the world? What will I need to start off?
    Thanks for any help.

I am in similar shoes. There are alot of scams out there which make googling on how to trade difficult. If someone could point me the right direction on where to begin learning the fundamentals of trading? Any required reading?

Yes all the brokers that I know about in Canada sell US traded stocks as well as Canadian. Many sell stocks at exchanges from around the world.
    Blairquors

Why don't you browse through our trading bookstore here - lots of books and systems and ideas. You don't need to buy a high-priced service or system unless you need the personal mentoring that some of those programs offer. Learn as much as you can on your own and then pay for additional services when you figure out what you want to do. Like any skill, trading requires a learning period before you will be good at it.

Learning to trade is definitely a process. Perhaps the worst thing you can do is set out to make money. I understand that that sounds counterintuitive, but it's true nonetheless. I suggest making your goal to become a trader... then to become a good trader... then to become a great trader. If you can do these things, I promise you the money will follow.