Thread: How should I invest my money?

Hybrid View

Default How should I invest my money?

Hi, this may be a broad topic/intro, so sorry - I'll try to keep it short

Summary: I just hit 30, paid off my credit card same day, and now have a $7k car loan with 1.9 interest maturing in 05/18, and $28k split across 7 loans with 2.8-6.8 interest.

At this point, I feel like my 3 main options are:
    1) Aggressively paying off that debt and then aggressively saving for a down payment or .. whatever people do when they aren't saving for a house?
    2) Aggressively paying off that debt and then aggressively start investing a large portion of my income in the market
    3) Conservatively paying off that debt and immediately start aggressively investing a large portion of my income in the market

My background is in math and stats, and I've watched about 25 videos from Tom and Case Sosnoff on option trading, which seems like a good idea. Then I realized I'll lose so much of my money just on the fees associated with trading in small amounts ($75 here, $125 there, etc), I don't know anymore

What kind of returns can I expect if I just give my money to a broker / investor / manager and say 'high risk, high reward'? What kind of returns can I expect if I do option trading myself and are relatively successful at it?

Ultimate goal would be early retirement. If I made $50k in the market, I'd want to reinvest it and not take out for a new Jag. I feel like even though I messed up my 20s, I can still recover if I make the right moves

1st....get the fees reduced by setting up an account with dough.com then through TDA...or if you already have a TDA account contact your LOCAL rep by phone and tell them you now have an account w/ Dough.com and would like to get the fee reduction. Your fees will be reduced to a flat 1.50 per option lot and 7.50 per stock purchase. It makes it much easy to make the numbers work if you're not paying the 9.99 ticket fee.

Unless you can beat 6.8 in the markets you are better off paying down your debt.